Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: You have 13 yrs 11 mths left to buy a GM gas or dsl vehicle
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > You have 13 yrs 11 mths left to buy a GM gas or dsl vehicle

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 24  
Prev  |  Next
Timmo!

Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:



Tesla buyers haven’t got that 7500 tax credit in years. Neither does GM. That is only available to companies like

Toyota
Nissan
BMW
Mercedes
VW
Kia
Hyundai
Etc etc

Are you also in favour of removing the subsidies to the oil industry?


Thanks for proving my point about sustainability (or lack thereof).

Assuming only 200,000 cars qualify for the $7,500 credit (yes I know the credit phases out the year after the manufacturer sells 200k cars, but let's start with 200k cars) then, that equals $1.5 billion in direct customer subsidy. (200,000 X $7,500),

Times that by the 30 EV manufacturers and that amounts to $40 BILLION in direct subsidies.

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

BTW, a tax deduction available to all is not considered a "subsidy", even it the company is in the oil industry.


Let's Go Brandon!!!!
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed


Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 08:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

Reisender wrote:



Tesla buyers haven’t got that 7500 tax credit in years. Neither does GM. That is only available to companies like

Toyota
Nissan
BMW
Mercedes
VW
Kia
Hyundai
Etc etc

Are you also in favour of removing the subsidies to the oil industry?


Thanks for proving my point about sustainability (or lack thereof).

Assuming only 200,000 cars qualify for the $7,500 credit (yes I know the credit phases out the year after the manufacturer sells 200k cars, but let's start with 200k cars) then, that equals $1.5 billion in direct customer subsidy. (200,000 X $7,500),

Times that by the 30 EV manufacturers and that amounts to $40 BILLION in direct subsidies.

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml


And thank you for pointing out how minuscule and limited the subsidies to EV’s is in comparison to the eternal, endless and trillions of dollars that the oil industry gets. [emoticon]. Lol.

Cheers.

Timmo!

Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:


And thank you for pointing out how minuscule and limited the subsidies to EV’s is in comparison to the eternal, endless and trillions of dollars that the oil industry gets. [emoticon]. Lol.

Cheers.


Please educate me. What tax break does the oil industry receive that is not available to other industries/companies? I am not aware of any special tax break that is exclusively targeted to oil and gas companies.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 08:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Timmo! wrote:

Reisender wrote:



Tesla buyers haven’t got that 7500 tax credit in years. Neither does GM. That is only available to companies like

Toyota
Nissan
BMW
Mercedes
VW
Kia
Hyundai
Etc etc

Are you also in favour of removing the subsidies to the oil industry?


Thanks for proving my point about sustainability (or lack thereof).

Assuming only 200,000 cars qualify for the $7,500 credit (yes I know the credit phases out the year after the manufacturer sells 200k cars, but let's start with 200k cars) then, that equals $1.5 billion in direct customer subsidy. (200,000 X $7,500),

Times that by the 30 EV manufacturers and that amounts to $40 BILLION in direct subsidies.

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml


And thank you for pointing out how minuscule and limited the subsidies to EV’s is in comparison to the eternal, endless and trillions of dollars that the oil industry gets. [emoticon]. Lol.

Cheers.


And not to mention their societal costs of children suffering from asthma, cancer and heart-attack deaths and the environmental degradation and clean up their products are causing.

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 09:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

Reisender wrote:


And thank you for pointing out how minuscule and limited the subsidies to EV’s is in comparison to the eternal, endless and trillions of dollars that the oil industry gets. [emoticon]. Lol.

Cheers.


Please educate me. What tax break does the oil industry receive that is not available to other industries/companies? I am not aware of any special tax break that is exclusively targeted to oil and gas companies.


Seriously. Get your head out of the sand. How much does your basic run of the mill oil war cost...and how many lives. I was up at Revelstoke Dam last year. I didn’t notice any military contingent there guarding the electrons.

Believe what you want. I know in my country the oil industry gets huge subsidies. If you don’t believe the oil industry gets subsidies then I think we are done discussing.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes.c........ossil-fuel-subsidies-than-education/amp/

Cheers.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Timmo! wrote:

Reisender wrote:


And thank you for pointing out how minuscule and limited the subsidies to EV’s is in comparison to the eternal, endless and trillions of dollars that the oil industry gets. [emoticon]. Lol.

Cheers.


Please educate me. What tax break does the oil industry receive that is not available to other industries/companies? I am not aware of any special tax break that is exclusively targeted to oil and gas companies.


Seriously. Get your head out of the sand. How much does your basic run of the mill oil war cost...and how many lives. I was up at Revelstoke Dam last year. I didn’t notice any military contingent there guarding the electrons.

Believe what you want. I know in my country the oil industry gets huge subsidies. If you don’t believe the oil industry gets subsidies then I think we are done discussing.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes.c........ossil-fuel-subsidies-than-education/amp/

Cheers.


Gotcha!

It's easier to ask than Google it themselves.[emoticon]

Timmo!

Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Timmo! wrote:

Reisender wrote:


And thank you for pointing out how minuscule and limited the subsidies to EV’s is in comparison to the eternal, endless and trillions of dollars that the oil industry gets. [emoticon]. Lol.

Cheers.


Please educate me. What tax break does the oil industry receive that is not available to other industries/companies? I am not aware of any special tax break that is exclusively targeted to oil and gas companies.


Seriously. Get your head out of the sand. How much does your basic run of the mill oil war cost...and how many lives. I was up at Revelstoke Dam last year. I didn’t notice any military contingent there guarding the electrons.

Believe what you want. I know in my country the oil industry gets huge subsidies. If you don’t believe the oil industry gets subsidies then I think we are done discussing.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes.c........ossil-fuel-subsidies-than-education/amp/

Cheers.


Can't do it, can you. Easier to spout expressions that fit on bumper stickers than cite real facts.

1st let me educate you. A tax deduction that is available to all taxpayers is NOT a subsidy. It is called "tax deduction".

What is a Subsidy?

A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business, or institution, usually by the government. It is usually in the form of a cash payment or a tax reduction. The subsidy is typically given to remove some type of burden, and it is often considered to be in the overall interest of the public, given to promote a social good or an economic policy.


https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/subsidy.asp


What is a Tax Subsidy?

Definition: A tax subsidy is an intentional reduction of the tax burden granted to certain business or industry to promote consumption or production. It is a benefit awarded by a government as an economic incentive.


https://www.myaccountingcourse.com/accounting-dictionary/what-is-a-tax-subsidy

Subsidy – definition

A subsidy is an amount of money provided to firms to help reduce production costs which can then be passed on as lower prices, and which can encourage consumption.


https://www.economicsonline.co.uk/Definitions/Subsidy.html

Timmo!

Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 03/10/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL, no gotcha. Just holding people's feet to the fire.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 09:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

...that is available to all taxpayers ...


I'm a taxpayer so tell me:

Where can I deduct my oil-well development costs from my taxes?

Where can I make the government pay for my Inland Waters Tranport?

Or get exemption for fees for offshore oil drilling?

And get exemption for royalty fees for oil extracted from off shore drills?

And let me educate you about edumacation and using hair-splitting semantics and red herring when caught with pants down and on fire.[emoticon]

* This post was edited 02/04/21 09:56am by Yosemite Sam1 *

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/04/21 09:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes.c........ossil-fuel-subsidies-than-education/amp/

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 24  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > You have 13 yrs 11 mths left to buy a GM gas or dsl vehicle
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.