cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any campground suggestions East of Roseburg,Oregon?

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't done much RVing east of Roseburg, Oregon and now we are look for recommendations. Wouldn't mine if I have to go a little south east of Roseburg to get a good site. Thirty plus miles off of I5 to find a nice camp site to stay a week or two wouldn't be too far. I have a 34 foot 5th wheel and when hooked up I am about 50 foot in length. So I need a good size camp site. Like to have at least water and electricity. Sure, trees and water like a creek is always nice. Nice county RV parks are OK.

PS: Make your reservations early. I am having trouble getting anything within six months out. All the State Parks are getting booked up in Oregon. Every year it getting worst and worst to find an RV site in Oregon. I have even looked 9 months in advice some years and can't get a site. The Oregon Coast line is the worst in the summer/fall to find a spot.

Charles
Chuck
10 REPLIES 10

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
ORbiker wrote:
J herb wrote:
ORbiker wrote:
Chuck .. wrote:
Haven't done much RVing east of Roseburg, Oregon and now we are look for recommendations. Wouldn't mine if I have to go a little south east of Roseburg to get a good site. Thirty plus miles off of I5 to find a nice camp site to stay a week or two wouldn't be too far. I have a 34 foot 5th wheel and when hooked up I am about 50 foot in length. So I need a good size camp site. Like to have at least water and electricity. Sure, trees and water like a creek is always nice. Nice county RV parks are OK.

PS: Make your reservations early. I am having trouble getting anything within six months out. All the State Parks are getting booked up in Oregon. Every year it getting worst and worst to find an RV site in Oregon. I have even looked 9 months in advice some years and can't get a site. The Oregon Coast line is the worst in the summer/fall to find a spot.

Charles

The Umpqua River is a very scenic drive east of Roseburg on hwy 138. It goes to Diamond Lake and Crater Lake areas. Then 97.

Susan Creek Campground is a state park.

Umpqua's Last Resort Campground & RV Park is a small private RV Park.

Most of the other FS campgrounds are too small for 34ft. KEN

ORbiker, Susan Creek is a BLM campground and is very nice one but OP needs to check to see if his 34' trailer can get in as it has a tight entrance and a lot of small camp sites. Like you said most of the campgrounds up Hwy 138 are too small for a 34' trailer.
OP could stay at one of the RV parks in Roseburg than drive up the Umpqua's Hwy and check out the CGs all the way to Diamond Lake.

herb
When did it change to BLM? It was a SP years ago.

I cruised thru there a few years ago to see if we could fit. We have a 42ft Solitude. If I remember right it was a little tight but doable.
There is no cell coverage and probably no tv including satellite tv. KEN

ORbiker, it has been BLM for several years that I know of, we sure like it and it's is the best BLM CG that we have camped in.
J herb

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Susan Creek Campground

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
J herb wrote:
ORbiker wrote:
Chuck .. wrote:

Charles

The Umpqua River is a very scenic drive east of Roseburg on hwy 138. It goes to Diamond Lake and Crater Lake areas. Then 97.

ORbiker, Susan Creek is a BLM campground and is very nice one but OP needs to check to see if his 34' trailer can get in as it has a tight entrance and a lot of small camp sites. Like you said most of the campgrounds up Hwy 138 are too small for a 34' trailer.
OP could stay at one of the RV parks in Roseburg than drive up the Umpqua's Hwy and check out the CGs all the way to Diamond Lake.

herb
When did it change to BLM? It was a SP years ago.

I cruised thru there a few years ago to see if we could fit. We have a 42ft Solitude. If I remember right it was a little tight but doable.
There is no cell coverage and probably no tv including satellite tv. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
I know you said east but how about southwest?

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/oregon/myrtle-creek/on-the-river-golf-rv-park-2350

Nice little park on the Umpqua River. Good river access grandkids went swimming. Great owners and staff. The downside is that it is just off 99 couple miles from Roseburg Lumber so there is some truck traffic but I didn't feel it was too bad.

Little golf course on site if that's your thing. FUH some permanent residents but might make a good base for you.-

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
ORbiker wrote:
Chuck .. wrote:

Charles

J herb

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck .. wrote:

Charles

Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone has a area, camp site or grounds to get away from the hazel and bushel of the city please send a reply. I am retired and always looking for a nice, quite, peaceful campsite. Love the quite country and mountains. It seem like it is getting harder to find camping areas were you don't have to make reservations 6 to 9 months in advice and were there isn't a ton of people even in off season like late September or October.
Chuck

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Chinook Winds RV park is on the opposite side of the Rogue River. It was a Mom and Pop operation many years ago when we went by there.
Seems to me the noise was the rail road tracks along I-5.
Why east of Roseburg

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
Want to get away from I5 noise, smell and traffic. I plan on going camping and looking for the quite country life with trees, mountains streams back quite country roads. Thirty plus miles off of I5 to find a nice camp site to stay week or two wouldn't be too far.

I am retired now. Use to drive from Salem to Portland, Oregon commute for 24 years on I5, approximately 114 mile a day for work. Not a big fan of freeway anymore.
Chuck

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I-5 runs also straight east.
We have stayed at the Valley of the Rogue SP.
How far east and are you talking I-5 or back roads?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow