cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for ideas on hauling bicycles in toy hauler

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am looking for suggestions on how to haul two mountain bikes in our toy hauler without laying them down. I'm in MN, so I have a cou0lle of months before we take the unit out of storage, but would like to have a plan when we do
10 REPLIES 10

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Google fork mount bike rack. You just pop the front wheel off, and attach the front fork to the mount. You can screw the mount into a2x6, or attach it to the floor or wall. There are different sizes now due to different axle widths and diameters.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
By the way Nayther...

We really must be getting old.

When the talk in the Toy Hauler forum turns to e-bikes...

Amen bro!

Actually I've been eyeing the fat tire versions, can access some offroad stuff that are "non-motorized" and some MTB trails. A desert racing friend has some and they love them, he rides his all around Ridgecrest/Inyokern
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
By the way Nayther...

We really must be getting old.

When the talk in the Toy Hauler forum turns to e-biles...

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
Are the e bikes easy enough to lift onto a rack? Not sure how much they weigh, looking at them myself.

My wife and I have e-bikes and they're pretty heavy. I've got a pad for my tailgate and it takes some oomf to get them into the truck. The harder part is lifting mine out without any leverage. It's not pretty to watch.

These things are great though. You can ride forever, until your butt gives out.

I've got 2,000+ miles on mine.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I would put a hook up high on the wall and hang them from the front tire.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
I wish we had had a TH all these years of hauling our two ebikes on the front of our TV. It takes an hour to tie them up so they don't bounce around too much on the bad roads to Florida AND they get dirty especially on the snowy roads.

Are the e bikes easy enough to lift onto a rack? Not sure how much they weigh, looking at them myself.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I wish we had had a TH all these years of hauling our two ebikes on the front of our TV. It takes an hour to tie them up so they don't bounce around too much on the bad roads to Florida AND they get dirty especially on the snowy roads.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

MikeDupont
Explorer
Explorer
Not a TH owner yet, but couldnt you just strap them in an upright position to the tie-down points like you would a dirt bike?

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
I put a dog bed against the side wall then lean the first bike against that and cover with a moving blanket then lean the second bike with another blanket. I keep going until I run out of bikes or room. Sometimes I haul bikes for other people. I don't tie them down and haven't had them move or cause damage to one another.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

dedmiston
I made myself a PVC bike rack about ten years ago. The thing still holds up and works like a champ. It was originally for the bed of my truck, but we use it in the TH garage anytime we take the bikes. Still love it.

https://www.instructables.com/Truckbed-Bike-Rack/

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230