Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canadian Covid new restrictions just now

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-quarantine-travelers-suspend-flights-south

Suspends all flights to Mexico and Caribbean and all travelers and returnees to Canada will have to quarantine at a hotel for 3 days at their own expense and take a mandatory covid test at their own expense with cost of more than 2000.00 Canadian $.
11 REPLIES 11

Community Alumni
Not applicable
This thread was from last January; those restrictions have since changed.
Thread closed

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
China shut down flights to Canada also.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
wapiticountry wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Canada continues to try to protect her citizens. Good!
Canada has had nearly 20,000 deaths and 775,000 confirmed infections. I wonder how many of those are from out of country travel versus just one good ole Canuck infecting another. I think the cat is out of the bag, so trying to seal up that bag is more political posturing and less actual prevention.

They addressed that in the first sentence -- the new restrictions are meant to protect Canada from new variants:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Friday announced stricter restrictions on travelers in response to new, likely more contagious variants of the novel coronavirus

ProudCanuck42
Explorer
Explorer
wapiticountry wrote:
Canada has had nearly 20,000 deaths and 775,000 confirmed infections. I wonder how many of those are from out of country travel versus just one good ole Canuck infecting another. I think the cat is out of the bag, so trying to seal up that bag is more political posturing and less actual prevention.

I guess the factual answer to your question on how many came from out of country travel is "All of them."

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
"We will also, in the coming weeks, be requiring nonessential travelers to show a negative test before entry at the land border with the US, and we are working to stand up additional testing requirements for land travel," Trudeau said.

Looks like Canadians can still fly to the U.S. and other foreign places except the Carrib and Mexico? Wonder how long that will last? What about Costa Rica?

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
RobWNY wrote:
Hmmm and to think here in New York State where Covid cases and Deaths are very high, the Governor just lifted all restrictions except for a few spots in and around New York City.

Just look at your Governor's track record on this virus... pretty bad to say the least...

Ya think? LOL
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

RobWNY wrote:
Hmmm and to think here in New York State where Covid cases and Deaths are very high, the Governor just lifted all restrictions except for a few spots in and around New York City.

Just look at your Governor's track record on this virus... pretty bad to say the least...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow, those are stringent requirements.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD