cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

vallecito res. colorado

jkmac408
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at any of the national forest sites on vallecito res. Are they doable for a class A
Kenneth
8 REPLIES 8

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vallecito Lake is 1 of 2 of our favorite lakes to camp at in Southwest Colorado. We've been camping up there every summer for the past 40 + years usually stay in either Pine Point or North Canyon campground. There are sites in both campgrounds that will accommodate your Class A. We tow a 30' 5th wheel. Also the forest service road leading to them is well maintained. We've had no problems getting in and out of there. Also at the North end of the lake is a private resort/campground called 5 Branches. It's perty nice as it sets at the mouth of the Pine River.
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
WE spent last August at Vallecito Resort, just south of the dam. I went up around the NF campground a couple times. Depending on the size of your RV it could be a squeeze.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
We have been going to Vallecito for the past 5 years and staying at Blue Spruce RV Park--I recommend reservations. Further up the road is the NF campground. I would recommend reservations for it. There are several NF campground around the lake--check out internet for reservation info. There is great hiking up the Vallecito Creek and Pine River if you want to hike.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
JKMac wrote:
Has anyone stayed at any of the national forest sites on vallecito res. Are they doable for a class A

Hi neighbor, I have reservations in June, 2021 for the "Vallecito Campground" which is a national forest campground. I have never stayed there in an RV, but did so when we were backpacking. I think there may be a few sites that could accommodate your rig but you would have to be very selective. You also would need to reserve for a site in that campground. I do not know about any of the other NF campgrounds in the region.

I have stayed in the Blue Spruce commercial campground which is just around the corner from the Vallecito Campground. They usually stay pretty full during the Summer and a reservation would be essential to stay there.

Both the Vallecito NF campground and the Blue Spruce RV Park are at the end of the trail (highway) and beginning of the trail (hiking into the Wemenuche Wilderness trailhead).

Here is a valuable YouTube video of the Vallecito NF Campground:
Vallecito NF Campground

We spent 7 happy years in Henderson while I was pastor of the Methodist Church there.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Long time ago, over 20 years. The campgrounds on the east side of the lake were on a difficult to travel dirt road. Probably not suitable for a class A. Maybe someone knows current travel conditions.

Had a friend who spent a month at a commercial CG at the north end if the lake for years.

Beautiful area. We need to go back.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer
South western colorado north ofDurango about 20 miles is location though I am of no help for nfcgโ€™s in that area
2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
State and locality might help tho from the cutie name I guess Cali
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The Vallecito Reservoir in Colorado?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad