cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level Mate Pro

D_and_A_plus_6
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about getting a Level Mate Pro.
Pros and Cons
13 REPLIES 13

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:
To each their own. It seems to me the biggest Con would be the price. A couple of bubble levels stuck to the side of the camper are a lot cheaper.

I have to agree, though I donโ€™t know the price. I have one level where I can see it in my mirror when backing up.
I mainly just donโ€™t want one more electronic thing to deal with.

By looking quickly the price seems to run about 140 to 215 dollars.

Thatโ€™s quite a few stick on levels. I think Iโ€™ll just stick with them:)
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
GrandpaKip wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:
To each their own. It seems to me the biggest Con would be the price. A couple of bubble levels stuck to the side of the camper are a lot cheaper.

I have to agree, though I donโ€™t know the price. I have one level where I can see it in my mirror when backing up.

By looking quickly the price seems to run about 140 to 215 dollars.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
Best addition I ever made. Mines going on 5 yrs now. Get the Andersen style levelers (the curved triangle ones) to go with. Pull into your spot. From the driver seat fire up the app and see which side is low. Have your helper put in the blocks, pull forward until the app says you're level (side-to-side). Set the brake, get out, unhitch, and then watch the app as you raise/lower the trailer to front/back level. Done.
With the Andersen style, it is only a really unlevel site where I have to break out the legos, and even then the app tells you what height you need to build them to.
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:

Except you can't read the levels when backing up on blocks. I sit in my truck and back up till it's level.
Sometimes I don't even have to get out of the truck. The wife gets out to spot me backing in and when she does she turns the Levelmate on while I'm still in the truck. Sometimes just moving forward or back gets me level.

It also tells you exactly how far off level you are. If I see 3/4" out then I just throw a lego block under one tire. Done.

FWIW the coolest part is the hitch return. Once I unhitch I save that. Then when re-hitching I hit recall. Move the tongue down or up to exactly where it was when I unhitched.

YMMV

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
mordecai81 wrote:
Had ours for 3 seasons now. Ours drifts a bit over time so have to reset the level a couple of times a year, but overall, very satisfied.

They've made some modifications to the latest models to correct this tendency (caused by temperature changes). Our new version stays calibrated better than the old.

Rob

Didn't know that was the reason. Interesting.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Second Chance wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Have had it for about 3 years. Updated my phone from a Motorola to a Samsung. It worked flawless with the Motorola but with the Samsung I'm having trouble pairing. It's more or less hit or miss. I still have the old Motorola phone and it will pair easily. I started bringing it along now.
FWIW I use Beach Lane levelers and most of the time it's great. Once in a while when we're on slopped dirt or gravel it becomes a little tougher to level the 1st time. Mostly it's an issue with the levelers slipping when backing up on them.
On blacktop or hard packed 3/4 minus it all works great.

Mine works flawlessly on my Samsung phone. The update to the Blu-tooth app for the LevelMatePRO requires that you have location on on the phone, now... could that be the problem?

Rob

Checked and it is on. Nor sure if it was last camping trip though.
Thanks for the tip.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:
Have had it for about 3 years. Updated my phone from a Motorola to a Samsung. It worked flawless with the Motorola but with the Samsung I'm having trouble pairing. It's more or less hit or miss. I still have the old Motorola phone and it will pair easily. I started bringing it along now.
FWIW I use Beach Lane levelers and most of the time it's great. Once in a while when we're on slopped dirt or gravel it becomes a little tougher to level the 1st time. Mostly it's an issue with the levelers slipping when backing up on them.

Mine works flawlessly on my Samsung phone. The update to the Blu-tooth app for the LevelMatePRO requires that you have location on on the phone, now... could that be the problem?

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
mordecai81 wrote:
Had ours for 3 seasons now. Ours drifts a bit over time so have to reset the level a couple of times a year, but overall, very satisfied.

They've made some modifications to the latest models to correct this tendency (caused by temperature changes). Our new version stays calibrated better than the old.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
Full-time since 8/2015

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
No cons that I can think of - all pros. We used one for 4-1/2 years (full-timers) on our previous fifth wheel that didn't have auto-level. Greatest thing since sliced bread. I moved it over to our new rig even though the new one has auto-level. I use it to find the most level spot on the site before I unhitch, now.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
Full-time since 8/2015