Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Prostate cancer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Prostate cancer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Retired JSO

North Georgia Mountains

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/21 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went to my urologist back in 2019 with an enlarged prostrate was given flo max to help. Latter on Dr. wanted to do a biopsy since numbers had inched up. Biopsy said I had cancer. Since I was 70, he advised against surgery. Instead, I went through 48 days of radiation. Numbers now read .04. Good luck.

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/21 04:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yo John, it sounds like you dodged a big adz bullet there, hang in there.

By the way, time surely does fly. I am the guy you helped on ordering a 2012 F250. That pig is still running like new and it looks like you are continuing to try to wear out that trusty ole 7.3.

Later, Dave

ZeeLet50

Alden, New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/21 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Prostrate cancer is a sneaky one in that you may not know or have any outward signs. Mine was reduced flow which prompted a visit to my urologist. Blood test revealed a higher PSA (went form 1.9 to 4.5) number and biopsy confirmed cancer. This was at the ripe young age of 57. Ten years younger than my dad had experienced. I opted for the 44 days of radiation and now have been 3 years cancer free. Just be diligent with your yearly PSA blood tests and those uncomfortable finger checks to catch this early. There is only a 5% chance once caught and treated it will not come back.

2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS towed by a 2016 GMC 2500HD gas with Andersen hitch and B&W turnover ball mount.

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John, you hanging in there buddy? [emoticon]

shadows4

Kansas City, Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/21 08:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave H M wrote:

John, you hanging in there buddy? [emoticon]

Yes Dave, still here. Getting bored already. I have read I think every post on here in every thread
already!!!! LOL

As far as the ole' 7.3, just recently had new injectors put in. 218,000 miles. Should be good for another 200,000!!!

Will be going back to work in a month. Just waiting for warmer weather. 7 degrees for the high here today. Thanks for checking in on me.

* This post was edited 02/09/21 08:33pm by shadows4 *

2003 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,7.3L diesel, 214,000 miles
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

MikeRP

Westerville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/21 10:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey

I’m very glad they caught it early for you. My grandpa and my uncle both died of prostate cancer. I have 4 relatives who have had the surgery where they cut you completely open in the early 2000’s. I’m the 5th. Numbers were up in 2015, went back no sex for 7 days and I was back down below 4. Mine has been like 3.7 for years. In 2016 it was above 5.

One very good thing was my general physician had the cancer too. When they tested mine I had one very small area that was a Gleason 6. And two are that may become cancer and I also was blessed w a prostate that was 4 times larger than normal. But it was large since I was 18.

Has the prostatectomy, and they got it all as it was contained inside the rock. I go for my 4 year test tomorrow and meet w my urologist next Friday. It’s very emotional for me.

I lost a long time colleague last fall to prostrate cancer. He missed a yearly checkup in 2009. 2008 he was good, in 2010 he was a Gleason 8 and it was outside the rock. He was in a fight for 10 years. One of the toughest guys I ever met. 2 weeks before he died he was still working.

This is a serious killer and the psa, while not accurate in all cases, is the first indicator you have a problem. 56 when mine was taken out. My grandpa was 67 when he died and my uncle was 62. All my other family are now in their late 70’s and early 80’s. A lot my female cousins have suffered with breast cancer. What ever this is, it’s in our family heavy.

Anyway, I’m glad your surgery went well! And I encourage everyone here to get your testing on time every year.

Mike

chadsdad01

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/21 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yearly check is imperative. I had no symtoms, but psa check a rapid jump. I was 57. Had a radical robotical prosectomy 11/16. After removal tests showed cancer in 40% of prostrate. After almost five years, no reoccurance or problems.

mileshuff

Phoenix, AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just completed 28 IGRT radiation treatments last week. Slowly feeling better each day. Dr feels it was caught in time. Will begin PSA monitoring soon.

Brother had prostate removed 13 years ago. His PSA recently rose and will be having a full body bone scan soon. Hopefully it's confined and easily treatable.

2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

mileshuff

Phoenix, AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ZeeLet50 wrote:

Prostrate cancer is a sneaky one in that you may not know or have any outward signs. Mine was reduced flow which prompted a visit to my urologist. Blood test revealed a higher PSA (went form 1.9 to 4.5) number and biopsy confirmed cancer. This was at the ripe young age of 57. Ten years younger than my dad had experienced. I opted for the 44 days of radiation and now have been 3 years cancer free. Just be diligent with your yearly PSA blood tests and those uncomfortable finger checks to catch this early. There is only a 5% chance once caught and treated it will not come back.

Similar situation as myself. Just completed radiation treatment last week. Still feeling the effects but slowing getting better each day. Will begin PSA monitoring soon. Have been on Lupron and will most likely get another 3 or 4 month dose.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Prostate cancer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.