cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wishlist of RV features

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been awhile since I did one of these threads. It's a description of those features you want to see in an RV but the manufacturing powers that be haven't thought of.

Dream big. You might be surprised to see your wish in next year's model.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
17 REPLIES 17

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Up to date decor!

No more ugly window valances or pelmets, no more light-blocking side valances. No more brown shades. Just put in some normal curtains, cellular shades in a light color, or decent quality blinds.

No more super-ugly bedspreads. No one buys a house with a bedspread in it. People can pick their own bedding.

Go for some light-colored cabinets and neutral/light walls. Why make a small space even darker and smaller?

No more skylights, only a couple of vents. Just put in decent LED lighting.

Put the water pump in a location that someone besides a contortionist can access it.

No more carpet.

Put a 2 burner stovetop in smaller RVs. I have never used 3 burners at once, and they just take up too much space. Go with a more modern design, with sealed burners, too.

Either make a better oven, or don't put one.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
ndrorder wrote:
A furnace that mixes a little heated fresh air from outside with the recirculated air inside to cut down on interior humidity and for fresh air in the coach.

Does a small class c absolutely need a tiny sink in the lavatory or could one brush their teeth in the kitchen sink and the lavatory space be used for additional pantry or clothes storage.

NO.

Must have 2 sinks! I do not want people washing hands or spitting in the sink where I also do food prep and do dishes. I don't allow it at home, either.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

36guy
Explorer
Explorer
A beefier frame and suspension that will stand up to 10 years of fishing the back country. We sold an 05 cougar fifth we bought new for a grand design in 2019 that hasn't even gotten into the backwoods and has already needed a complete suspension swap. Flat springs, under designed axles that bent, trim coming apart, my cougar blew a control board for the fridge in 13 years, that's it. My current trailer hasn't even seen the rough stuff and has cost us a small fortune, I just wish for better built units overall.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Better drawer, cupboard & door hardware. The stuff I have works but it really is lightweight junk.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would like to see a 24 ft gas low profile Class A with a V-8 engine 350 HP smaller dog house well insulated, 4000 lbs of CCC, WB of 170 ins, weight distribution where each tire carries the same weight with tuned suspension, basement storage with large pass thru storage under rear queen bed, 60 gals of FW, drop down bed in front, one small slide with sofa/bed that can be manually retracted, retractable slinky hose like I have on current MH, vented Cat heater, 2 6v GC batteries on slide out tray with 60 amp charger that can float, one 15k AC with 4000 watt genset, no fire place, no outside TV or other junk just a good basic MH that rides well without requiring suspension mods and good performance on hills. MH should have front and rear cap with hung walls or autoclave bonded sidewalls with a good film adhesive so panels will not delaminate. All seams and cut outs would be sealed with permanent tape like Eterna bond. HWH jacks not Lippert. Outside windows with silicone gaskets that won't need replacing like butyl tape. Awning material should be hot pressed vinal or a woven material like Sunbrella, not cold pressed vinal that most use today. I think these design changes can be made today with existing technology.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
ndrorder wrote:
Does a small class c absolutely need a tiny sink in the lavatory or could one brush their teeth in the kitchen sink and the lavatory space be used for additional pantry or clothes storage.

In small travel trailers we've seen just that. Also in a couple there was a fold out sink in the shower stall.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
A furnace that mixes a little heated fresh air from outside with the recirculated air inside to cut down on interior humidity and for fresh air in the coach.

dedmiston
valhalla360 wrote:
You might check the feed for the USB outlets. I'm betting they bring 12v to the outlet and a voltage converter takes it to USB spec in the outlet. You could probably swap out a cigarette lighter outlet in 5 min...maybe one that also includes a USB like below.

https://www.etrailer.com/12V-Power-Accessories/Diamond/DG61023VP.html

LOL. I don't have those either.

Nah, you can't make me change my wish. Get your own wishes. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
dedmiston wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Our new one has a gray water size valve on the bottom of the fresh water tank.

The movement is toward USB outlets and newer units typically have several.

Our last trailer had the large fresh water dump valve too. It was fantastic.

And the USB ports are nice too, but there are a lot of devices that are good to run off 12v, like CPAP.

Haven't had reason to use it yet. The little 5/8" hose always worked fine. I was never in a great rush to drain the tank. Usually just before winterizing.

You might check the feed for the USB outlets. I'm betting they bring 12v to the outlet and a voltage converter takes it to USB spec in the outlet. You could probably swap out a cigarette lighter outlet in 5 min...maybe one that also includes a USB like below.

https://www.etrailer.com/12V-Power-Accessories/Diamond/DG61023VP.html
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dick_B wrote:
Battery shut off switch either included or as an option.

Got one...right next to the breaker panel inside.

For all the complaints, maybe manufacturers are listening.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Battery shut off switch either included or as an option.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

dedmiston
valhalla360 wrote:

Our last trailer had the large fresh water dump valve too. It was fantastic.

And the USB ports are nice too, but there are a lot of devices that are good to run off 12v, like CPAP.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Been out of the research stage for a while so I don't know if this has been addressed but smaller Class C units that can tow more that motorcycles or small cars. Loved the Endura because it could tow a larger vehicle with no issue but it was a bohemoth of a unit and with only 2 of us now there would be no need for something that big. Still want to be able to tow something like my Grand Cherokee.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
dedmiston wrote:
My modest list:

- Large diameter fresh water drain valve. Ours actually had NO drain valve.)

- 12v cig lighter outlets in bedroom and living area.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'