Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Wishlist of RV features
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Wishlist of RV features

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/21 06:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

You might check the feed for the USB outlets. I'm betting they bring 12v to the outlet and a voltage converter takes it to USB spec in the outlet. You could probably swap out a cigarette lighter outlet in 5 min...maybe one that also includes a USB like below.

https://www.etrailer.com/12V-Power-Accessories/Diamond/DG61023VP.html

LOL. I don't have those either.

Nah, you can't make me change my wish. Get your own wishes. [emoticon]

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ndrorder

Southwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/21 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A furnace that mixes a little heated fresh air from outside with the recirculated air inside to cut down on interior humidity and for fresh air in the coach.

Does a small class c absolutely need a tiny sink in the lavatory or could one brush their teeth in the kitchen sink and the lavatory space be used for additional pantry or clothes storage.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/21 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ndrorder wrote:

Does a small class c absolutely need a tiny sink in the lavatory or could one brush their teeth in the kitchen sink and the lavatory space be used for additional pantry or clothes storage.

In small travel trailers we've seen just that. Also in a couple there was a fold out sink in the shower stall.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/21 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to see a 24 ft gas low profile Class A with a V-8 engine 350 HP smaller dog house well insulated, 4000 lbs of CCC, WB of 170 ins, weight distribution where each tire carries the same weight with tuned suspension, basement storage with large pass thru storage under rear queen bed, 60 gals of FW, drop down bed in front, one small slide with sofa/bed that can be manually retracted, retractable slinky hose like I have on current MH, vented Cat heater, 2 6v GC batteries on slide out tray with 60 amp charger that can float, one 15k AC with 4000 watt genset, no fire place, no outside TV or other junk just a good basic MH that rides well without requiring suspension mods and good performance on hills. MH should have front and rear cap with hung walls or autoclave bonded sidewalls with a good film adhesive so panels will not delaminate. All seams and cut outs would be sealed with permanent tape like Eterna bond. HWH jacks not Lippert. Outside windows with silicone gaskets that won't need replacing like butyl tape. Awning material should be hot pressed vinal or a woven material like Sunbrella, not cold pressed vinal that most use today. I think these design changes can be made today with existing technology.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Better drawer, cupboard & door hardware. The stuff I have works but it really is lightweight junk.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

36guy

Princeton

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A beefier frame and suspension that will stand up to 10 years of fishing the back country. We sold an 05 cougar fifth we bought new for a grand design in 2019 that hasn't even gotten into the backwoods and has already needed a complete suspension swap. Flat springs, under designed axles that bent, trim coming apart, my cougar blew a control board for the fridge in 13 years, that's it. My current trailer hasn't even seen the rough stuff and has cost us a small fortune, I just wish for better built units overall.

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ndrorder wrote:

A furnace that mixes a little heated fresh air from outside with the recirculated air inside to cut down on interior humidity and for fresh air in the coach.

NO.

Must have 2 sinks! I do not want people washing hands or spitting in the sink where I also do food prep and do dishes. I don't allow it at home, either.

Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up to date decor!

No more ugly window valances or pelmets, no more light-blocking side valances. No more brown shades. Just put in some normal curtains, cellular shades in a light color, or decent quality blinds.

No more super-ugly bedspreads. No one buys a house with a bedspread in it. People can pick their own bedding.

Go for some light-colored cabinets and neutral/light walls. Why make a small space even darker and smaller?

No more skylights, only a couple of vents. Just put in decent LED lighting.

Put the water pump in a location that someone besides a contortionist can access it.

No more carpet.

Put a 2 burner stovetop in smaller RVs. I have never used 3 burners at once, and they just take up too much space. Go with a more modern design, with sealed burners, too.

Either make a better oven, or don't put one.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Wishlist of RV features
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.