Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs: Small Grills
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
04fxsts

Cayuga, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/21 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love my Blackstone 28" I got for the S&B so much I got the 17" for the MH. I am happy with it and it fits in the storage just fine where the 22" might be a pretty tight fit. Jim.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/04/21 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used a Q200 for years. Copper no stick mat works great on it for griddle.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/21 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RAllison wrote:

Thanks for the great info. I am going to get the 17" Blackstone and keep my Weber for steaks, chops and burgers. Rich

Don't do it! Get the 22" Blackstone model. 2 burners makes an incredible difference. If you camp in cool weather especially cool weather with a breeze the 17" single burner struggles to get hot and maintain heat.
If you only camp in warm weather the 17" is OK. But if you find yourself in cool temps. you will want the 22' dual burner

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 02/04/21 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just put a piece of tinfoil on the Weber grate. We do that all the time, and have had our Q200 for years.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

Just put a piece of tinfoil on the Weber grate. We do that all the time, and have had our Q200 for years.

It does. That and those foil pans you can get for less than a dollar. Plus no clean up, just toss it in the trash.

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A foil lined grill and a griddle are completely different cooking surfaces. If you end up with the 17" use the aluminum foil to create a wind shield along the sides.

Even the 22" blackstone can struggle in cold wind. I have not done this yet, but have watched my friends make wind shields out camping and it makes a big difference.

Watch a couple videos on seasoning the griddle. I highly recommend using a propane torch to help the process along the edges and corners.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

A foil lined grill and a griddle are completely different cooking surfaces. If you end up with the 17" use the aluminum foil to create a wind shield along the sides.

Even the 22" blackstone can struggle in cold wind. I have not done this yet, but have watched my friends make wind shields out camping and it makes a big difference.

Watch a couple videos on seasoning the griddle. I highly recommend using a propane torch to help the process along the edges and corners.

I won't say its impossible for a 22" Blackstone to struggle in the cold.
But I have been using my 22 in the cold all winter long on my deck without issue. I do have a hood.
While I have yet to use it , I also have a wind screen that I believe could be very useful.
Nevertheless I used a 17" Blackstone for 2 years and it struggled in the cold, upgraded to a 22 and I have yet to suffer cold /Luke warm griddle syndrome

* This post was edited 02/05/21 07:44pm by Lantley *

OkieGene

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For the Blackstone 17 and 22 inch units, there are videos of people going to the
Dollar Tree Stores and buying their $1.00 grill scraper/foodshovel/whatchamacallums. Buy enough to make a nice windbread, they fit very well.

I can't think of the right word, but if you chop up some vegetables you can use these things to scoop up what you just did. They look like stainless steel doohickeys.

Hope that made some sense.

EDIT: These things Dohickeys $1 each at Dollar Tree.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/21 03:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess it's different strokes for different folks, but we love our Cobb Grill. Need to add the grill mats and the grill grates.
We can grill, smoke, bake, sear or what ever we desire. It does have a learning curve, but not steep for any kind of outdoor cooker. Our first cook was a whole broasted chicken with potatoes & onions in the moat. Either we were very lucky or not, but it turned out great. Not to mentioned the ease of cooking.
Clean up is not the easiest, but I'm pretty picky about that.
Long story short: We love our Cobb Grill. And it is very compact for storage.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/21 11:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

I won't say its impossible for a 22" Blackstone to struggle in the cold.
But I have been using my 22 in the cold all winter long on my deck without issue. I do have a hood.
I hear ya. From my limited experience so far its the wind that can hinder the blackstone a bit. Easily fixed by a wind shield of any kind. It is so fun to cook on that big heavy heat soaked piece of metal.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.