cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nomad Internet experience

Cmccain13
Explorer
Explorer
hello any one have experince with nomad internet? im thinking about switching.
4 REPLIES 4

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
This is an interesting video FINALLY...A RURAL Internet Service that WORKS!. The key to their success is a mounting good external antennas as high as possible.

Cmccain13
Explorer
Explorer
ItsyRV wrote:
Like many of these new style cellular based warless internet plans, the quality is only as good as the network your on at the location your at. If you pick a plan based on Big Red's network, if the Big Red brand name service sucks, so will your service. Likewise if Big Blue has lousy reception in an area with their own named service, your service will also be lousy if on the plan based upon Big Blue's network.

So, the real question has to be what about the plan/price options (forget reception as that's carrier/location dependent) steers you towards this service? Also, what is it about your old service that makes you want to switch?

So with att and Verizon i get a total of 60 gigs of data before they throttle the hell out of the speed. i go through about 58 gigs in a month and that only covers work. so with this i will be able to get unlimited data and be able to stream all i want with it as well. It will be on tmoble/sprint network with the nomad internet. i will still have my ATT hotspot on my phone in case I'm somewhere they don't have T-Mobile service for work but i doubt ill be anywhere T-Mobile doesn't cover with 4glte

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Like many of these new style cellular based warless internet plans, the quality is only as good as the network your on at the location your at. If you pick a plan based on Big Red's network, if the Big Red brand name service sucks, so will your service. Likewise if Big Blue has lousy reception in an area with their own named service, your service will also be lousy if on the plan based upon Big Blue's network.

So, the real question has to be what about the plan/price options (forget reception as that's carrier/location dependent) steers you towards this service? Also, what is it about your old service that makes you want to switch?
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never heard of them, we use Visible
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper