Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Direct TV revisited
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Direct TV revisited

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dcbrewer

kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 03:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

missnmountains wrote:

I am not sure of the accuracy of the OPs post. I have a KVH M3 satellite dish on my boat that can only receive SD channels. I am using a h-24 receiver. I just walked out to the boat and am still receiving all of the channels I normally get.

Ken

ERROR 722

"Error Code 722: Service Expired
If you see this message, your DIRECTV receiver may not have the programming information for the channel you’re trying to view.

To get your channels back, reset your receiver:

Unplug your receiver’s power cord from the electrical outlet, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.

If you still see the error message, call 888.388.4249 for assistance."

Dead receiver perhaps?

Receiver disconnected or unplugged for too long perhaps?

If unplugged too long the receiver can get too far behind on software updates or lose authorization..

Not able to get authorization perhaps?

Dish misaligned?

Latest software issue perhaps?

Seen a post from 2019 that mentions a software update caused that error and a reboot/refresh and rehit fixed it.. SEE HERE

Check alignment and LNB signals?

OP may also need to reboot and refresh several times after verifying they are getting good LNB signal..

Ours went dead with the 722 code, they told us we would have to update the equipment to get service back, the tech said we would not be able to use it in the motorhome after that so we cancelled. We are going get dish and a wally for motorhome

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do not listen to one service rep and make a hard decision because DTV reps will give you different information from one to the next. DTV has a a travelers section on there web page and some of the tech support reps know about RVs in general.

All said and done and me getting upset I did give it another try and I am now watching DTV in SD on an old D12 receiver and an old King Dome on the roof using Sat 101 and then I need to move the King Dome to 119 to view locals a reel pain but workable for now and to see what DTV will do down the road.

Today I received a new access card and that is working after activation.

I guess I got an education on how to try to maneuver through the maze of AT&T / DTV reps and what works and does not and what satellite dishes work and do not.

Also I just saw on youtube a new satellite dish (new to me) that is a full size dish with automatic aligning for both DTV and Dish, It is called a TV SAT 2.5 it is on you tube now.

JimR

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Direct TV revisited
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.