Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Window fog
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Window fog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
howdy35

Athens, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/21 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had my two front side windows repaired by RV Fog Doc in Searcy Arkansas. Pulled up the night before and they took the coach in at 8 and had it out by 3. Price was $529.00. I am happy with results. Someday I may get others done but front side windows were making it difficult to see out of side mirrors so I chose to have them worked on first.

Call them, tell them what you are driving and they will give you a pretty close ball park estimate.

Happy travels. Arnold

1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/21 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FloridaRosebud wrote:

Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL repaired ours. WAY less money than new windows.

Al

In addition to great service, they have hook-ups for you to stay overnight if you have a lot of windows to repair. They do start work at 7AM, or maybe a little before. [emoticon]

FloridaRosebud

Melbourne

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/21 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

FloridaRosebud wrote:

Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL repaired ours. WAY less money than new windows.

Al

In addition to great service, they have hook-ups for you to stay overnight if you have a lot of windows to repair. They do start work at 7AM, or maybe a little before. [emoticon]

Yes, good point. I remember still being on my first cup of coffee when two of the staff showed up to start removing the 4 windows.

Al

Belgique

Hickory, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/21 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Auto Glass Boss in Lakeland Fla comes to your rig. Just had them there last week while at Lazy Days. Great job at great price.

Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/21 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FloridaRosebud wrote:

Al

Yes- they did one of ours last year and I'm stopping by there in a month to have them do 2 more. life time warranty too.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

diplomatdon

Blaine, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/21 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had 4 windows repaired in April in LaPine Oregon by Dave Root RV Glass. 5 hrs from when we showed up till we were going down the road. Very clean and professional job. Do full window not just the panel that is fogged. Would definitely go there again if more arise. Also good excuse to visit the Bend area 20 miles north. Lots of microbrews. Happy camper.

goff1256

Montrose Co

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/21/21 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you plan on keeping the coach do it right the easy way the first time get solid paint replacement glass I did in Glendale best thing I ever did after trying to fix it myself $1200 but I don’t have to ever worry about it again

Erick & Jackie Goff; Plus Ellie Mae the Fu Fu Dog

scbwr

North Ridgeville, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/21 06:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good info posted here! Fortunately, I haven't had any dual pane window problems since purchasing our rig in 2018. But, if I were to have a problem, I would not want to replace one with a single pane window. Dual pane windows are so much better in terms of not having condensation problems, and they definitely reduce noise. Our Bay Star is our first rig with dual pane windows, and combined with the wall construction used by Newmar, we were really surprised at how well noise is blocked.

2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

supercub

Modesto CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/21 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dual pane windows in RV's is a terrible idea. First off you have a giant windshield up front that isn't dual pane. Unlike a house, your motorhome is being shaken, rattled, and rolled while going down the road, hence the seals will leak. Don't fixed the dual pane windows by resealing, because in a few years, they'll just leak again. There are companies that will replace the dual panes with a thicker single pane window and you end up with about the same insulation factor and guess what............you'll never have a window leak again. The cost is about the same as resealing.............so it's a Win Win situation.

howdy35

Athens, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/29/21 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had my two front windows repaired at RV Fog Doc in Searcy, Arkansas. Parked at their shop the night before. They took it in first thing the next morning and we were on the road by three that afternoon. They have several electric hookups at their shop which you can use. I was very happy with the job. May have others worked on at a later date.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Window fog
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.