cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folding driver side mirror....

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
(This is for a 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C)

When driving on the freeway AND into wind or a gust, my driver side mirror is folding at the pivot arm. Seems like there should be a tension adjustment somewhere, but I don't see an obvious point of access.

There is a little cap underneath the pivot joint that is removable. When I remove it I see this written on it: "Do Not Remove This Cover - No Serviceable Parts Inside" lol... Sure enough, there is nothing in there.

Any ideas on how to tighten the tension??

There IS a head of some sort of screw/bolt at the very end of the arm (under the mirror itself). To me, that looked like something associated with how the mirror is connected to the arm as opposed to something that would be associated with the tension of the pivot point closest to the vehicle.

Let me know if any of you have info on this.

Thanks!
Chris
San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs
3 REPLIES 3

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
klutchdust wrote:
The Late J-D. Boy, I miss him. His knowledge and input was a bright light .

Ya me too,we lost him 9/12/2018.We brainstormed that idea but to put it into motion he needed the mirror arm.

So we came up with a plan,His daughter was to visit Disneyland,a short drive from my house, so I met her at her hotel and she put it in her luggage and took it home with her on her flight back to Florida.Problem solved!
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Late J-D. Boy, I miss him. His knowledge and input was a bright light .

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is not really any way to tighten up that pivot point,it is spring loaded with ridged washers that control the movement. Most times they just break Like this as mine did.It is pretty common on ones that are folded a lot or are exposed to a lot of water, the post inside is pot metal and corrodes and fails.
On Page 4 of that thread the Late J-D did find a work around for the broken arm.

There are a few pictures in that thread and more on This one.

About the only to fix it is to replace the whole thing. They can be ordered from Velvac that is what I did,replaced both of them.

About that screw on the end of the arm,On a Velvac mirror,there is a adjustment at the end of the arm,use a screwdriver to unscrew the cap, under it you will see inside the opening a hex screw I think a 3/8. turn it to tighten or adjust the mirror head.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C