cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water hose for fresh water hook up

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put this under Full Timing because we live in our camper 7/365 and need an excellent product. Who can recommend a potable water hose that WILL LAST AND DOES NOT FAIL. I have had poor luck with many hoses that leak at the coupling or have faulty threads, or kink. Who has had good luck and with what hose?
16 REPLIES 16

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have had good luck with the water hoses from Camco. Note I did say hoses. You have to remember that they often lay in the sun which will have an affect on how long they last. We are on our 3rd one in 10 years and are full-time.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Upon check all suggestions and the hose ratings I came to the conclusion that no matter what hose is purchased it will fail. I had mentioned that I am full-timing and when not traveling I have hose continually hooked up at my site. This is about 6 mo out of the year. It would not be feasible for me to use a tank. I am aware of the repair kits, but the hose that went is a 3' lead hose from the outside faucet to the filter and it would probably cost me more for the repair kit than another hose. Thanks all for your help. I will compare all suggestions and go from there.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
If the crimp is bad there are some good repair ends out there. Google stainless hose ends.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"BUT I only use it to fill up the FW Tank and let the pump do the rest."

Hose failure...water line failure both lead to terrible results. I agree...fill the tank and use the pump.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
OCMan = the leak in this case is coming from the crimp. Not at the point where the coupling swivels. Good point, thanks.

riw999 = I do have a angle and the hose is straight. This particular hose that has the coupling leak is straight and is attached to my filter at ground level.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
The best thing I did to make my hoses last longer is put a right-angle fitting on it so when it comes out the side of the RV, the hose drops straight down instead of bending at the coupler.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
Thanks 2oldman. I usually look things up from past posts, but this time I didn't. Guess I had brain freeze. ๐Ÿ™‚
I was just at lowes yesterday looking at the zero G on display at the checkout. I think price went down.

Skim over the link. I've needed a hose for months. For me I'm not all mr healthy but i dont trust what plastics appear to be doing to the brain. The zero g is not BPA free and even though I dont drink or cook with trailer water I figure it's best to find a hose that is.

Also not sure how the zero g is affected by heat. Sometimes that is a big contributor to bad chemicals leaching into water.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Leaking fittings can be traced to using the poorly designed washers that come with then. Go to a plumbing supply and get washers for washing machine supply hoses or go to a big box store and get "green stripe washers" and 95% of the leaks will go away. The rest are probably from defective or run over ends.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
Thanks 2oldman.
No prob.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks 2oldman. I usually look things up from past posts, but this time I didn't. Guess I had brain freeze. ๐Ÿ™‚

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use the quick connectors also. I will look into the above. Keep suggestions coming, they are helping a lot. On the Zero G hose...can it take heat tape in the Winter to prevent freezing?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Recent hose thread
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I think I am still using the same hose that I started with BUT I only use it to fill up the FW Tank and let the pump do the rest.
You are using a pressure regulator at the campground source, right?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
We have been full-time travelers for almost 7 years, and Iโ€™ve been through several hoses. I got tired of having issues putting a hose away in cool temps, so changed 1 1/2 years ago to to the Apex Teknor Zero G hoses. They are flexible, drinking water safe and easy to handle. A 50โ€™ hose fits in the space of a 25โ€™ rubber one. One other thing Iโ€™ve done is add quick connectors to all my hoses and fittings. Makes it very easy to quickly disconnect or add hoses to my supply manifold.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)