cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mt. Ranier Washington Camping Recommentions?

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 34 foot 5th wheel. With the truck connected the total length is 50 foot. Like to spend a week or so in the area hiking and relaxing in the mountain area. Looking for a nice camping area recommendations with water and electricity hook-ups.

Years ago Packwood, WA didn't seem to have RV site that you would want the take your wife or grandkids to because of safety reasons. Hope I wrong now and things are much better. Retired finally!

Any recommendation?
Chuck
3 REPLIES 3

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Mounthaven last summer. Only a few spaces can take long rigs, and they book up early. The facilities are OK but not all well maintained. Some of the only large trees in area!

Note that they are so close to the entrance that gate backup can block the driveway! And Rainier has some massive traffic issues!
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Mounthaven just a mile outside the Nisqually gate. My 5er is 32ft. and we fit fine. There were larger rigs there. Densely shaded so a single air conditioner would most likely work fine. Beautiful drive to the mountain which we did daily with our senior pass. Probably will be muddy if pouring rain.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We liked Mounthaven RV Park in Ashford -- good location, great management. I think Mounthaven can take bigger rigs. If I recall correctly, Mounthaven did not have 50 amp power. That did not affect us, but it might be an issue with a bigger rig.

If you have a few minutes, here are a couple of blog posts about the area -- lots of photos:

2017 trip

2010 trip
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."