Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Furnace runs but blows cold
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Furnace runs but blows cold

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Teleman

Clayton, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

Teleman wrote:

enblethen wrote:

Can of air with the tube works pretty good!

I got into the blower with compressed air and cleaned all the contacts but it didn't help. I watched this video which explains the procedure for taking the furnace apart to replace the motor, igniter and burner. My motor is good but I'd have to go through all of this to access the sail switch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oaTW0oNf6Qw

From what I can tell the blue and white wires of the multi pin connector on the board go to and from the sail switch and high level thermostat. Using tap connectors and shorting those wires would get the furnace working IF either the sail switch or high level thermostat were the problem right? If so I know I have to pull the motor to get to them. If not then it could be the igniter or the board. I guess checking the igniter would be the next step.

You do not have to remove the motor to check replace the sail switch. But on a 22 year old Furnace, I would replace BOTH the Sail Switch and the Hi limit switch since they can be intermittant and just messing with a sail switch may make it start working. For a few times. They are cheap so replace both. The Hi Limit can be the cause of your problem. Doug

Are you sure? They are located behind the blower and motor and I don't see how I can get at them with the motor in place. What about my idea of shorting the blue and white wires going to the board to see if the sail switch or hi limit thermostat are in fact the problem? The furnace in the video I linked to is very close to identical to mine.

RV Furnace Motor Squealing - Remove & Replace ... - YouTube

www.youtube.com › watch › v=oaTW0oNf6Qw

* This post was edited 02/07/21 09:11am by Teleman *

trailrider

Idaho Is Full! Don't Move Here!!!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/21 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Remove 4 screws that hold the plastic fan housing to the furnace. The sail switch is attached to the inside of the plastic fan housing with 2 screws. The limit switch is behind the blower fan/motor.

2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD GAS!!!
1978 Chevrolet Silverado K20 4x4
2007 Komfort 277TS
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2018 Honda Rancher TRX420FA6
2017 Montesa 4RT260
2021 Honda CRF450X

Teleman

Clayton, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

trailrider wrote:

Remove 4 screws that hold the plastic fan housing to the furnace. The sail switch is attached to the inside of the plastic fan housing with 2 screws. The limit switch is behind the blower fan/motor.

The coach is parked in the bay next to my house now with insufficient room to work on the furnace but as soon as I pull it out I will check it out. Thanks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Furnace runs but blows cold
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.