cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hwy TX 6

JANETRUPP
Explorer
Explorer
I am working on our trip this year going from Arizona to Florida and back. One section is going from Galveston to Victoria. How is TX 6 to 69 then onto 59? We really want to avoid Houston (been there done that and don't want to do it again) and trying to avoid tons of small towns with the motorhome. We usually park the rig then go explore the small towns.
Thanks,
Janet
Loving our life. Life is too short to complain,go live it to the fullest
Coachmen Concord 2018 Class C with 2 slides
2012 Equinox tow
3 REPLIES 3

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Last time we were on TX-6 (San Antonia to Dickinson) in Oct 2018, it was nice. A lot of stop lights, but no issues with a lot of traffic on a Sunday. Would not want to be on it during the week during rush hour.

Our route was I-10 to Sealy then TX-36 to Rosenberg, Alt-90 to TX-6.

Houston doesn't bother me, but I spent 30 years driving across Dallas, Austin, San Antonio and Houston. I know the traffic times, the radio stations to listen to, and alternate routes through city streets. Do not recommend those not familiar with those cities doing that.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you are actually wanting to go Galveston and Arizona is your destination or origin I would avoid Houston with a more northerly route like US290 and TX 105. Personally I do not consider Houston a problem using I10 straight thru on weekends.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I think I would go up 6 and get on 35
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive