cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Apps to laptop

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a way to connect a phone to a laptop so an app can be seen on a larger screen?
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT
7 REPLIES 7

MrWizard
You might have two options
#1 mirror casting
You need a device to plug into HDMI input on the tv, fire stick or roku etc..uses wifi receives signal from phone, and displays on tv

#2 is a a micro mini display adapter to HDMI cable,
Plugs into phone port and into tv HDMI input
Costs less than a Wi-Fi streaming device, and no special setups are needed,
But adapter cable lengths are limited, and you are Not likely to be setting 10 ft away and change the movie, NO remote control of phone operation, using the cable method
I'm not saying you can't connect a longer cable, but the mhd mobile media cable adapter isn't that long
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
There are often youtube videos for help.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
She may have already done the google thing as has many others. Often google searches give conflicting confusing or vague results and answers from others with direct on hands experience is often quicker and more accurate. Just saying:)

Yes, you can 'cast' to mirror your phone screen to PC. Different depending on what mobile OS you are using?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
iPhone and iPad, yes. Do it all the time.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Google: phone to laptop
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Get the app for the laptop.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE