Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Where to put that pesky TV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/21 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like many of us we have a TV that can be viewed when sitting inside our RV,The original place that the MFG placed mine was on a shelf in the upper bunk area.[image][image]It was always a pain there because if you wanted to use that area to store something on when parked you had to move the TV

Next to it on the wall above the small captain seat was a pretty useless cabinet,tall and thin,only 5 inches deep.This would be a perfect place to put the TV I thought...I cut a hole in the side of the cabinet to run the antenna and power cables thru,and this is what I have now,out of the way and hidden until I want to use it.
[image]
Some of you might think that the open door might be a head banger I will tell you this the door opens above the small chair and I an 6'6" tall and I clear the open door with ease,no head banging for me,that was the first thing I checked before I made this mod.[emoticon]

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/21 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice job, looks factory installed. I've made use of cabinet space as well to mount a TV and/or TV bracket. We don't spend a whole lotta time watching the boob tube but I do follow a couple of sport teams and DW has a couple of shows she doesn't like to miss.

Lwiddis

Bishop area, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/21 02:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good idea. Good workmanship.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

JimBollman

Lost State of Franklin

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/21 05:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did the opposite. We have an older Class B that originally had a CRT style TV. A past owner removed that and mounted a flat screen over where the old TV was hidden. We decided we need the storage space more than a TV so I removed the flat screen and boxed in the area where the old CRT TV had been hidden and added a cabinet door. When we occasionally want to watch TV it is movies or TV programs we have recorded and have stored on a thumb drive or internal drive and watch them on our laptop. We are an Apple family and may try using Airplay to simulcast to an iPad so we can sit where we want and watch together in the seat we like best.

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/21 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had an '01 24' Itasca with a cabinet like that but deeper and with a door that rolled to the top inside that healed a TV. the cabinet was deeper because back then TV's still used a picture tube.
We slept in the bed above the cab. So I made a nice ladder that leaned against that open cabinet. I made it out of 1/2x 1-1/2" Oak. It had a notch on the back side that hooked onto the cabinet so it could not slide down, and the top step/handle was as wide/long as the cabinet so it could not slide sideways.

Dusty

BurbMan

Islip, Long Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/21 08:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice work!

2015 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab Long Box, Cummins diesel
2002 Lance 811 Slide-In Camper
SOLD: 2008 Terry 34' TT
SOLD: 2001 K2500LT 8.1L Suburban

Lance 811 Renovation Story!
Project Complete!
Maiden Voyage!

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/21 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.