Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Puma trailers. Any good?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Puma trailers. Any good?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sailquick

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/21 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

We are planning to get a Puma 27RLSS or the new 25rkqb. Any experience with these trailers? Love to hear good and bad.

Thank you

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/21 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you follow the breadcrumb trail, you will see that a multitude of brands are owned by the same company, eventually leading to Warren Buffet/Berkshire Hathaway. As for quality, there isn't any nowadays, slam together as fast as possible.

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/08/21 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While you are waiting for responses try searching this Forum for `Puma' then search the results for `trailer' and read on. Don't search for `Puma trailer'...

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

lwbfl

Florida Panhandle

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/21 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sailquick wrote:

Hello,

We are planning to get a Puma 27RLSS or the new 25rkqb. Any experience with these trailers? Love to hear good and bad.

Thank you

I have no experience with them but here's how I recently conducted my search. I had a maximum lenght and weight in mind in the beginning. I looked online at floor plans and then looked at the manufactures website as well as online reviews on how the units are built. I narrowed it down to two manufactures that seemed to build better than the rest. Then I narrowed it down to two models and decided based on the aluminum framework over 2x2 framing. (Both had similar roof materials but one with a higher weight rating for the roof). I plan on using mine for 20 years so manufacture process was a higher priority than fancy lights and looks (although the one I chose has that too LOL)! If you have long term goals, take the time to do the research like you're trying to do here and ignore the negative comments. If you're like 90% of RV buyers and will only use it for a year, get what looks good and is less expensive then sell it quickly! Good luck in your search and let us know what you decide. There are some of us who are interested in your process!

1976 Myself and Wife
2009 DD
3 Doggies
2016 Chevy Z71
2021 Coachmen Apex 253RLS

Moving-on

mobile

View Profile

Posted: 02/08/21 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our first rv was a 2008 puma 28ish foot 5th wheel. We weekended out of it for one season. It was a bit cheesy feeling. But looked decent and everything worked and we were happy. We knew it had roof issues when we bought it, and they got worse. We had decided that we enjoyed camping and decided to sell it and move on to newer and nicer. We went to look at new pumas, since we were familiar and happy with our first. That was last year. The new pumas were identical. In feel, build, Floorplan, etc. We could still buy the same thing we had. The funny part was, for the older one, with no payment and knowing it was "older", we were happy. Thinking about the same unit, new, with a payment, we decided to buy a used slightly higher quality unit for the same money. The only issue is financing a used rv can be tough. But we found a way, and we've been much happier for it.

prichardson

Lafayette, La

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2018 25RLS and quality is on par with others. If buying new expect, to have a variety of problems crop up regardless of make or model.

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do your research and be prepared as they all have issues in one form or another.

Example:
Recently bought a 2020 trailer and noticed it had an dometic furnace so asked dealer to throw in a couple of sail switches and sure enough.....pulled the furnace yesterday and replaced sail switch.

Every unit leaves a trail.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a 25 foot Puma travel trailer and I would give it a 4 out of 10 in a field of 5's. Typical entry level unit, maybe a little below average.

allen8106

Burrton. KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/21 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sailquick wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

We had a new 2007 model Puma from 2007 to 2011 and the only issue we had was a bulge on one of the tires. No other issues.

2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

lenr

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/21 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Used a Puma fifth wheel from 2013 through 2019. It had less problems than the trailer before or the one after, and the issues were so small I repaired them at home. They would be my first choice if sopping for aluminum sided wood frame construction. The wood framing seemed quite substantial for that class of trailer.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Puma trailers. Any good?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.