cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I 240

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
I have a fifth wheel that is 13'6" tall. Will I have a problem towing from US-72 to I55 using I -240 in Memphis?

Roll Tide
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL
4 REPLIES 4

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
dennis1949 wrote:
What phone app do you use?

Roll Tide

I look at AllStays for road height warnings.

However, I must ask. Is 13'6" at mfr spec for your trailer, or an actual measurement?

The manufacturer height is what it is supposed to be if sitting on level ground with the floor level.

The tow truck hitch height can change the total height of a 5th wheel a bit. If it is not an actual measurement of the rig while hitched to your pickup/ tow truck, I urge you to measure yourself.

Does your rig 'tilt up' when viewed from the side while hooked to the truck, or down?

Also trailer with a long 'level' roof can be subject to pitching if the road surface changes under the tow vehicle. Which can cause the back of the trailer to rise a few inches in some situations.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
Heck of a lot better than trying to tow straight through town. My phone app shows one 13'11" clearance on I-55, and a couple of 14' clearance as you get close to the river.

Check the cloverleaf where I-55 turns to cross the river with a satellite view so you know which lanes to be in, and when you need to change lanes.

SLOW DOWN too. The 20mph speed limit on that turn may still be too fast.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
What phone app do you use?

Roll Tide
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Heck of a lot better than trying to tow straight through town. My phone app shows one 13'11" clearance on I-55, and a couple of 14' clearance as you get close to the river.

Check the cloverleaf where I-55 turns to cross the river with a satellite view so you know which lanes to be in, and when you need to change lanes.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT