Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Howto get your dog to fertalize the lawn
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Howto get your dog to fertalize the lawn

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/21 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dakota our friend and protector left his suffering and loving family behind 5 years ago now. Seems like yesterday. I still imagine or see at times when someone comes in or goes out and other times a fleeting glimpse of him headed to where his bed use to be!
This morning wife fixed pancakes,with dibaetes I only take a bite or two.
Kiki the kids Australian Shepard was in the kitchen waiting for hers and reminded me of Dakota.We gave him left over pancakes at our old home.
I don't know if he ate any of them.
I found one morning, he was putting them on the ground raking back the thatch then raking it back over the pancakes.Maybe he didn't want to hurt my wife's feelings? Anyway, over time the result was very noticeable. He must have spread them out pretty equally.The greenest thickest grass was at the end of the carport covering about a 20 by 50 ft space. That was a lot of pancakes.

rbtglove

Beavercreek OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/21 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I worked for the Forest service on the trail crew in WA state near Mt Adams during summers while going to college. We often went out for two or three weeks at a time. Tools and supplies were carried by mules. The mule skinner was also the cook for the crew. He had a large dog dog who stayed with him. In the morning he gave the dog any leftover pancakes. We never saw him eat one. He took them off and buried them. There Must be pancake trees all over MT Adams.

Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

FlashBuddy

Fort Collins Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 04:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL - I too worked trail crew in the Sierras out of Lee Vining California. I gave the leftover pancakes to my mule!

2018 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel Lariat Super Crew 4X4
Grand Design Reflection 295RL
Jan Baby the Wife & Molly the Dog

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/21 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me change the subject for a moment to PIGS. They'll eat almost anything. I met a guy years ago who raised pigs on his property. They were kept in a pen, perhaps 10 pigs. He would often travel to a local business that sold day old pastries. The store would give him products that became too old to sell. I watched in disbelief as he threw the pastries, plastic wrapping, cardboard, etc. to the pigs, who would immediately scarf them down, wrappings and all. I learned what the term "eat like a pig" really meant! [emoticon]

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

rbtglove

Beavercreek OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/21 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My uncle raised pigs on his ranch in WA state. They would eat about anything that got into their pen. Even the little western rattle snakes. Even if they bit them they didn't seem to care.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Howto get your dog to fertalize the lawn
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.