Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Rear Deck System Worth It?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Rear Deck System Worth It?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

We had the option to get the ramp/deck when we got our toyhauler, but decided we wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost. And we were right.
How do you know?
Since you don't have it, you do not have the option to use it.

There are quite a few things in my life that I never thought I would like/use: Smart phones, heated mirrors. Heated seats, Heated steering wheel,air conditioned seats, his and hers climate control, fireplace,Lane departure warning... This is only a partial list and only for RVs, trucks(excepting the phone)... But there are many many more.
Heck I still remember black and white TV.... Did not miss color one bit....LOL.

As for the patio... I like it. We always boondock, no matter the weather. sometimes after bad weather clears, it is beautiful outside, but muddy. The patio affords us a mud free way to enjoy the outdoors. And the views can be spectacular
We don't boondock, and most of the places we stay simply wouldn't have enough room for another 8 feet of trailer added to our 40 foot length. And never once has the thought "I'd like to sit outside on our deck" ever come up. We just aren't the sit-around-outside type. If we had it, I can guarantee it would never be used.

For a long time I had the same opinion about Smart phones as you do about Ramp patios. Then about 2 years ago, I finally got one. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

You don't know, what you don't know.

Happy camping.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1380watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountryC CD/A 4X4 DRW

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/21 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

For a long time I had the same opinion about Smart phones as you do about Ramp patios. Then about 2 years ago, I finally got one. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Happy camping.

Welcome to the smart phone club. Now it's time to look into getting a ramp patio. [emoticon]

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

lamopar

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is something I spent a lot of time thinking about as well. I thought it would be nice but I don't want bugs in the toy hauler so keeping it open would not work. There are many places in state parks that it will not fit. I wouldn't use it at the coast as the sand will blow inside and it is enough getting the ATVs clean before leaving. I wouldn't use it in the high desert with the dust blowing in and I definitely can't use it ski camping. In the summer it doesn't have an awning to cover me from the sun or drizzle. My grill attaches in front of the entry door so it doesn't line up with cooking. I guess I could put my fire ring on there but I often burn the grass under it so I would be worried about damaging the door from the heat. The one positive thing I could imagine is keeping the dog up there but the leash works just fine. Therefor in the end we have not added this option to our newest toy hauler.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Happy camping.
Well, I've never had VD, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it, and have no intention of getting it just to confirm that opinion. [emoticon]

Sometimes you know what you know.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

Happy camping.
Well, I've never had VD, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it, and have no intention of getting it just to confirm that opinion. [emoticon]

I don't think anyone wants a disease.

Some minds are just closed longer than others.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lamopar wrote:

This is something I spent a lot of time thinking about as well. I thought it would be nice but I don't want bugs in the toy hauler so keeping it open would not work. There are many places in state parks that it will not fit. I wouldn't use it at the coast as the sand will blow inside and it is enough getting the ATVs clean before leaving. I wouldn't use it in the high desert with the dust blowing in and I definitely can't use it ski camping. In the summer it doesn't have an awning to cover me from the sun or drizzle. My grill attaches in front of the entry door so it doesn't line up with cooking. I guess I could put my fire ring on there but I often burn the grass under it so I would be worried about damaging the door from the heat. The one positive thing I could imagine is keeping the dog up there but the leash works just fine. Therefor in the end we have not added this option to our newest toy hauler.

I have an awning for mine. I think most can be had that way nowadays.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

Happy camping.

So someone who doesn't agree with you has a closed mind? We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm glad you like what you like and you aren't the final arbiter of what everyone likes.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 02:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

Happy camping.

So someone who doesn't agree with you has a closed mind? We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm glad you like what you like and you aren't the final arbiter of what everyone likes.
Never said I was the final arbiter..... Your disease anaolgy was totally not applicable though. Just stating the obvious.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/21 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VD? What year is this?

And according to the ship's log. This marks the first argument over ramp patios on this forum.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

VD? What year is this?

And according to the ship's log. This marks the first argument over ramp patios on this forum.
VD, the gift that keeps on giving. [emoticon] Although to be fair, I guess it's STD now.

Woo hoo, a new record.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Rear Deck System Worth It?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.