cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need some help

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a leak in my 06 Lance that I can not locate it's source. There is no staining on the ceiling or walls but there is a spot on one of my jack feet that is wet for days after a rain. I can feel the moisture on the underside of wing.

I'm in N. GA. and there was some discussion on a similar problem someone had. During that conversation a r/v repair facility was mentioned here in north or east GA.

I have tried several searches but I have not been able to locate the facility. It was not Camping World or any r/v dealership, just a repair facility. What I'm looking for is the facility that does a pressure check.
4 REPLIES 4

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer
I found water leaking from the underside screws, closest to the jack, on the bottom of the rounded molding on the driver's side of my camper. It's the molding that they add last where the wall meets the overhang.

It turned out to be rainwater ran INTO the water heater through the door, and was then channeling through the incomplete silicone sealer inside the water heater's door. There is a bead that is added between the door-hinge ring and the inserted body of the water heater.

The camper tilted slightly forward when loaded, so it ran through the channel's underside and pooled at the jack.

narcodog
Explorer II
Explorer II
cgjt wrote:
Go to rvleaks.com. You can find a nearby testing site on their website. They pressurize your camper then detect leaks using a soap solution. There are also you tube videos on some home made methods. Good luck.

Thanks found what I was looking for.

cgjt
Explorer
Explorer
Go to rvleaks.com. You can find a nearby testing site on their website. They pressurize your camper then detect leaks using a soap solution. There are also you tube videos on some home made methods. Good luck.

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
was this it?
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30159943/gotomsg/30159962.cfm#30159962

No not it, sorry! I'll look for you.