Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need some help

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
hey guys,
Im out in my fish house in -25 temps.
my ryobi generator runs for 10 minutes,then quits. any idea whats causing this ? I have 91 non-ox fuel in it. It starts right up when i pull the cord, but then stops running in 5-10 minutes?
12 REPLIES 12

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
The old wiz has a good question?

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Can you immediately restart it or does it have to cool off ?

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
Might check the fuel tank for some debris or trash floating around. It could be floating until it gets sucked to the intake, cutting off the fuel supply. When it cuts off, the debris floats away from the intake. The time would likely get shorter when there is less fuel in the tank.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is the power rating? Surge rating? what are you running?

Is it running at idle? Could be the carburetor icing up. Although this would be a longshot after it has warmed up.

Then +1 for fuel venting and oil level.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
2 cycle or 4 cycle?

Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad low oil sensor? Disconnect it
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

low oil... bad vent cap.. collapsed fuel line.. ??????????
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Are you maybe overloading the generator with a heater drawing too heavily for continuous use. You may try a lower temp setting/draw on gen. Less heat may require more peppermint schnapps in your hot choc, when -25.

Jerry

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
now it's down to about 2 minutes of run time. I hive it sitting by the heater hoping that helps. Ill check the cap vent. it runs great at start up, then quits

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
everyone on here needs some help.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
weak fuel line collapsing? cap vent clogged? clogged filter? low oil? pinched fuel line? wish I was there.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
A better title of the problem may help. I can help you on how to catch fish but not on how to run the generator
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos