Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/21 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And by the way, @BCSnob is a researcher and know whereof he speaks.

A valuable resource around with so many fake news and conspiracy theories floating around, lol.[emoticon]

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/21 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

Moderna's definition of geezer = 65 and older

Quote:

Efficacy and Safety of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine
N Engl J Med 2021; 384:403-416

Safety

Solicited adverse events at the injection site occurred more frequently in the mRNA-1273 group than in the placebo group after both the first dose (84.2%, vs. 19.8%) and the second dose (88.6%, vs. 18.8%) (Figure 2 and Tables S3 and S4). In the mRNA-1273 group, injection-site events were mainly grade 1 or 2 in severity and lasted a mean of 2.6 and 3.2 days after the first and second doses, respectively (Table S5). The most common injection-site event was pain after injection. Delayed injection-site reactions (those with onset on or after day 8) were noted in 244 participants (0.8%) after the first dose and in 68 participants (0.2%) after the second dose. Reactions were characterized by erythema, induration, and tenderness, and they resolved over the following 4 to 5 days. Solicited systemic adverse events occurred more often in the mRNA-1273 group than in the placebo group after both the first dose (54.9%, vs. 42.2%) and the second dose (79.4%, vs. 36.5%). The severity of the solicited systemic events increased after the second dose in the mRNA-1273 group, with an increase in proportions of grade 2 events (from 16.5% after the first dose to 38.1% after the second dose) and grade 3 events (from 2.9% to 15.8%). Solicited systemic adverse events in the mRNA-1273 group lasted a mean of 2.9 days and 3.1 days after the first and second doses, respectively (Table S5). Both solicited injection-site and systemic adverse events were more common among younger participants (18 to <65 years of age) than among older participants (65 years of age and older). Solicited adverse events were less common in participants who were positive for SARS-CoV-2 infection at baseline than in those who were negative at baseline (Tables S6 and S7).

Thank you from this Geezette!!

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/21 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I am just a youngster that managed to drive an hour to use leftover Moderna vaccine on Saturday. They even let my 20 year old daughter get vaccinated, as they had many cancellations. I would have preferred that someone with more urgent need had been there, but did not want the doses to go to waste. Both my arms and shoulders ached, but I had already worked hours putting the gravel that had been plowed with the snow back into the gravel driveway. I also took advantage of the time to catch up on sleep. Not sure if it was the shot, or just a good excuse for nap and early bed. In 4 weeks, all four in the family will be vaccinated both times.

One daughter works in the ICU, and also worked the Covid wing at the nursing home. Others are teachers and a veterinarian student who received her shot since she is in contact with pet owners.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/21 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

So I am just a youngster that managed to drive an hour to use leftover Moderna vaccine on Saturday. They even let my 20 year old daughter get vaccinated, as they had many cancellations. I would have preferred that someone with more urgent need had been there, but did not want the doses to go to waste. Both my arms and shoulders ached, but I had already worked hours putting the gravel that had been plowed with the snow back into the gravel driveway. I also took advantage of the time to catch up on sleep. Not sure if it was the shot, or just a good excuse for nap and early bed. In 4 weeks, all four in the family will be vaccinated both times.

One daughter works in the ICU, and also worked the Covid wing at the nursing home. Others are teachers and a veterinarian student who received her shot since she is in contact with pet owners.

That's great! Congratulations on getting the vax. In one of our rural counties over 600 doses had to be thrown out. It is always better to get someone vaxed than to throw them out!

Naps are good. Naps are very, very good! Stay safe!

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

... I would have preferred that someone with more urgent need had been there, but did not want the doses to go to waste.

Congratulations! Yup, sleep and rest are the best therapy and recreation, lol.

That's a beautiful sentiment. Indeed, there is now the new phenomena of vaccination guilt with still many people supposed to be at risk not being vaccinated.

We are asking around in our church group to volunteer assistance for those who don't have computer accesss or the transport seniors to vaccination centers. We're being very careful as seniors are the top victim of scams once they provide their personal information.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/21 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The good news is I read a news story last night that the CDC is reporting a compliance rate of 88% with the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines, with folks returning to get their second injection. Locally, seems a lot of folks are holding out for J&J's one and done vaccine. That was my plan until I went on CVS website last Saturday morning fully expecting to strike out and didn't! CVS automatically schedules the second shot when you book the first, so it became a no brainer.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/21 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

The good news is I read a news story last night that the CDC is reporting a compliance rate of 88% with the Pfizer & Moderna vaccines, with folks returning to get their second injection. Locally, seems a lot of folks are holding out for J&J's one and done vaccine. That was my plan until I went on CVS website last Saturday morning fully expecting to strike out and didn't! CVS automatically schedules the second shot when you book the first, so it became a no brainer.

And that the administration is already further exceeding their 2 million daily rates and way ahead of the first 100-day goals that some states are on 16-year olds and above.

Moderna announced too that they'll soon come up with the kid's dose (16 and below).

Airlines reported breaking the 1 million ticket sales. But we're not re-booking our Israel tour yet. Some European countries are seeing a surge and Italy went to another lockdown. There are so many unknowns on the new variants but pharmas as on frantic efforts to combat it as part of the arsenal.

jmckelvy

North Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/21 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

I actually found it today. I was looking for something else and it was in a drawer for safe-keeping.
[emoticon]

This happens to me also. I'm still looking for my Leatherman Wave multi-tool that I put in a "safe" place.

I had my first dose of Pfizer last Monday. Only had slightly sore arm at injection site the following day. Second dose April 5.

06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the news that some states are now opening up vaccinations to all adults.

My nephew and his wife in their late 30s got their doses.

Good news all over -- including from the Feds about very strong economy as a result of mass vaccination and the administration's May 1 mass vaccine availability timetable.

DancinCampers

Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/21 09:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I (74) received my second Maderna shot this past Mon. Other than a sore shoulder and being more tired than normal on Tues, no problem. Sharon (72) got her second Pfizer shot last Thur, day after her cataract surgery. No issues at all. I hear Maderna is working on a booster, waiting to hear more on that.

Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2006 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox Aventa II, SMI Silent Partner

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.