Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
[email protected]

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/21 04:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep I had heard the same thing but wanted to mention what our doctor said. Both of us were on the fence post on whether to take anything before hand or not. Due to the season changing I take Allegra anyway but have not since Tuesday. Vaccines normally don't bother me other than a sore arm so I am thinking to hold off before hand.

There is just not enough data as of yet to really know exactly what is the best. I think all professionals are being overly cautious and i appreciate that. What I do know is one day of feeling bad is so much better than a ventilator for a month.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/21 06:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Other half had her second Moderna 3 days ago. Second day was aching muscles,tired and just sort of out of it. Temp only went up .4*. She is back to normal. Lol.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Hannibal

Tampa Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/21 09:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got 1st Moderna shot seven days ago. Sore arm for a couple of days. Other than that, I felt great. Yesterday and today, tired and sleepy. Wife had the same delayed fatigue for a couple of days. Same with her 2nd dose. Must be our bods making antibodies. She’s all back up to speed now four weeks after her 2nd shot.

2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/21 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hannibal wrote:

Got 1st Moderna shot seven days ago. Sore arm for a couple of days. Other than that, I felt great. Yesterday and today, tired and sleepy. Wife had the same delayed fatigue for a couple of days. Same with her 2nd dose. Must be our bods making antibodies. She’s all back up to speed now four weeks after her 2nd shot.

Wow. That may explain a few things for me. I had zero issues with the Moderna vax. At first. But about a week to ten days later I felt so tired I could barely move. Me and my recliner "became one". That lasted for about 2 or 3 days. I though it was the weather. I get 2nd dose Monday. Thanks for the heads up on that. [emoticon]

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/21 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covetsthesun wrote:

Hannibal wrote:

Wow. That may explain a few things for me. I had zero issues with the Moderna vax. At first. But about a week to ten days later I felt so tired I could barely move. Me and my recliner "became one". That lasted for about 2 or 3 days. I though it was the weather. I get 2nd dose Monday. Thanks for the heads up on that. [emoticon]

Same here-fatigue seems to be hitting today. Not "OMG I'm gonna die!" type but definitely more tired than I should be. Sore elbows came back too. Was queasy this morning as well but that seems to be gone.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Hannibal

Tampa Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/21 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covetsthesun wrote:

Hannibal wrote:

Thank you as well! That reassures me even more. I’m forcing myself to do things but definitely putting some miles on the recliner.

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/21 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hannibal wrote:

covetsthesun wrote:

Hannibal wrote:

Thank you as well! That reassures me even more. I’m forcing myself to do things but definitely putting some miles on the recliner.

I just read an AARP article about what you can and can't do after vax. Another "ah ha moment". The article said that women should not gt a mammogram for 4 to 6 weeks after vaccination because swelling lymphnodes in the under arm have happened. I remembered a news story here where a woman was diagnosed as having breast cancer. She went through a lot of fear and tests but they found she did NOT have cancer. The swollen nodes in her underarm/breast were a immune response to the vax.

A few days before I felt fatigued and lived in my recliner... I felt a lump under my right arm pit and felt very tender in my right breast. That has now passed. Apparently...it is possible to have delayed reactions to the vax...it does take awhile for the immune system to ramp up.

Just thought my fellow ladies would like to know this.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/21 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's what the personal experiences are going to do for me.

I will be departing 8 AM and not returning until 8 PM a full 12 hours.
I will hope my arm remains relatively pain free for 8 hours.

Two days later there will be prepared food in the fridge. No cooking. The landlord's father will check on me when Paulina and Nena have their no work days.

So it will be days spent in bed. I have access to a non Rx pain reliever down here. Tylenol too.

Thanks for no big mysteries ahead.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/21 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just read an AARP article about what you can and can't do after vax. Another "ah ha moment". The article said that women should not gt a mammogram for 4 to 6 weeks after vaccination because swelling lymphnodes in the under arm have happened. I remembered a news story here where a woman was diagnosed as having breast cancer. She went through a lot of fear and tests but they found she did NOT have cancer. The swollen nodes in her underarm/breast were a immune response to the vax.

A few days before I felt fatigued and lived in my recliner... I felt a lump under my right arm pit and felt very tender in my right breast. That has now passed. Apparently...it is possible to have delayed reactions to the vax...it does take awhile for the immune system to ramp up.

Just thought my fellow ladies would like to know this.

There were multiple news stories up this way about this. I am currently due for my mammo but have to wait until mid-May or so. Having already had multiple scares that turned into nothing I don't want to go through any needless stress again.

[email protected]

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well here is our update. I received my second shot Thursday. My arm was a little sore but not bad. I even changed the oil in my dually yesterday afternoon. My wife receieved her second shot Friday morning. Her arm was so sore she could barely touch it. Last night she was running a fever of 101, chills, sweats, and body aches. Today she is still with a slight fever and aches but no chills or sweats. I think she will be over the worse of it by later this afternoon and hopefully she will rest better tonight. She is taking Tylenol. According to the ladies at the clinic we talked to it appears women have more adverse reactions than men.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.