Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/21 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the more reasoned and medically-scientifically based explanations about 2nd dose of the vaccine.

Dang, I can even claim to be young that my body reacted badly on my 2nd dose.[emoticon]

2nd Dose why you feel lousy

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/15/21 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Here is the more reasoned and medically-scientifically based explanations about 2nd dose of the vaccine.

Dang, I can even claim to be young that my body reacted badly on my 2nd dose.[emoticon]

2nd Dose why you feel lousy

And why those who have had Covid-19 feel lousy after just the 1st dose.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/21 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had my initial dose of Pfizer's brew yesterday. Other than the cyclops growing out of my head I feel great.
[emoticon]

Looking forward to the second dose on Easter; guess I'll see if I'm geezer enough for a side effect pass on the second dose. And, hats off to CVS, very well organized and executed operation they have.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/21 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Looking forward to the second dose on Easter; guess I'll see if I'm geezer enough for a side effect pass on the second dose.

It's good to be a geezer! My second shot of Moderna resulted in a slight fever, some achiness, and feeling tired the next day. Had I been younger, I certainly could have gone to work and functioned adequately - but since I too am a geezer, I indulged in a lovely couple of naps. Woke up the following day feeling bulletproof and frisky :-)

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/21 08:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

thomasmnile wrote:

Looking forward to the second dose on Easter; guess I'll see if I'm geezer enough for a side effect pass on the second dose.

It's good to be a geezer! My second shot of Moderna resulted in a slight fever, some achiness, and feeling tired the next day. Had I been younger, I certainly could have gone to work and functioned adequately - but since I too am a geezer, I indulged in a lovely couple of naps. Woke up the following day feeling bulletproof and frisky :-)

Define "geezer". I'm 69... please let that be Geezer enough to avoid Moderna 2nd dose side effects!!

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/21 08:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please let "geezer" start at 60 LOL!

* This post was edited 03/16/21 09:27am by an administrator/moderator *

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/21 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s not the number but the state of mind.

DW may disagree, but I look and feel I’m 27 so all my kids but one is older than me.

* This post was last edited 03/16/21 09:49am by Yosemite Sam1 *   View edit history

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/16/21 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I generally consider geezer as eligible to receive social security (I do) and Medicare (I do), with an AARP membership thrown in for good measure. [emoticon]

Other than that age is a number.

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/21 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

I generally consider geezer as eligible to receive social security (I do) and Medicare (I do), with an AARP membership thrown in for good measure. [emoticon]

But does Moderna know that??

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/16/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderna's definition of geezer = 65 and older

Quote:

Efficacy and Safety of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine
N Engl J Med 2021; 384:403-416

Safety

Solicited adverse events at the injection site occurred more frequently in the mRNA-1273 group than in the placebo group after both the first dose (84.2%, vs. 19.8%) and the second dose (88.6%, vs. 18.8%) (Figure 2 and Tables S3 and S4). In the mRNA-1273 group, injection-site events were mainly grade 1 or 2 in severity and lasted a mean of 2.6 and 3.2 days after the first and second doses, respectively (Table S5). The most common injection-site event was pain after injection. Delayed injection-site reactions (those with onset on or after day 8) were noted in 244 participants (0.8%) after the first dose and in 68 participants (0.2%) after the second dose. Reactions were characterized by erythema, induration, and tenderness, and they resolved over the following 4 to 5 days. Solicited systemic adverse events occurred more often in the mRNA-1273 group than in the placebo group after both the first dose (54.9%, vs. 42.2%) and the second dose (79.4%, vs. 36.5%). The severity of the solicited systemic events increased after the second dose in the mRNA-1273 group, with an increase in proportions of grade 2 events (from 16.5% after the first dose to 38.1% after the second dose) and grade 3 events (from 2.9% to 15.8%). Solicited systemic adverse events in the mRNA-1273 group lasted a mean of 2.9 days and 3.1 days after the first and second doses, respectively (Table S5). Both solicited injection-site and systemic adverse events were more common among younger participants (18 to <65 years of age) than among older participants (65 years of age and older). Solicited adverse events were less common in participants who were positive for SARS-CoV-2 infection at baseline than in those who were negative at baseline (Tables S6 and S7).

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.