Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lightning55 - both my Dad and my daughter had strong "hives" reactions to flu shots, so I had always avoided getting flu vaccinations figuring I shared their DNA. My Dad had the same reaction: itchy hives that eventually made his skin peel off in "sheets".

But last fall, with the Covid situation, I DID get a flu vaccination (with zero side effects) figuring hives still beats potentially going to the hospital with the flu - and it surely applies to getting a covid vaccination!! We just don't know what the long-term effects of getting Covid are; and I don't plan to find out.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/21 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

So any update from south of the border. Hope your fever didn't last long.

And I hope he is not planning on a trip to Great Britain. Sinovac vaccination is insufficient for them to allow entry into the country.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 11:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got the first Moderna shot Tuesday and my shoulder felt a little sore the first night but it is gone now. Next shot is May 25.

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hahaha
No plans to hear Big Ben's clock toll or drink room temperature beer with my Shepherd's Pie.

One fact not fiction however from the CDC, WHO, Australia, Brasil, India, and Johns Hopkins...
No one that has completed the 2 jab Sinovac series (read 0) has yet had to be hospitalized with COVID19 or mutant symtoms. The issue is with BREAKOUT symptoms meaning testing POSITIVE for the virus 2 weeks or longer after receiving the 2nd jab. The SINOVAC only gives 3% protection for Breakout after one jab.

I know of five houses five families where seniors received their first jab then 2nd while their adult children went through 2 weeks of verified hell of verified Covid19 without the seniors getting a sniffle. Three of those household's minor children have tested positive for COVID19 in the last 10-days while the seniors remain symptom free. The kids range from 5 to 16 years of age and have mild fevers, coughing and body aches. All test positive.

So BREAKOUT symptoms seem to be playing a major role in Great Britain admissions. If you TEST positive it's back on the airplane. Our health organizations are seemingly doing a monumentally poor job of explaining clinical practices clearly to the public. With the very clear and extended side effect of fever and fatigue I went through the SINOVAC clearly affected my immune system. Compared to other adults down here I had a rougher time. But I tested NEGATIVE the day before I got my first jab. My issue now is dealing with very long lines of now eligible 50 - 59 year olds while in process for my 2nd jab 7 - 15 May.

I hate to wreck preconceived notions but reality is reality.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A note of humor into a serious subject ...

People have a habit lately of asking "Have you had your shots yet?' ... I feel like I should bark! [emoticon]

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In our house, barks are followed by QUIET!!!!

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/21 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

A note of humor into a serious subject ...

People have a habit lately of asking "Have you had your shots yet?' ... I feel like I should bark! [emoticon]

I think you should let them finish the question.

Like what Kimmel pulled not the MyPillow guy: Did you get your shot yet?

MyPillow guy: No.

Kimmel: I mean for rabies.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Listening to a sixty year old song titled POISON IVY
Makes me laugh. I think it's available on You Tube

It's not "exactly" about COVID but it'll do.

rommroma557

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm already waiting for my vaccine. My family doesn't want to be vaccinated but I'm really worried about my health. Last year I was so scared that I rarely went to the store or just for a work. I was very afraid of getting sick and was looking for ways to improve my immunity. On Canada Drugs I read that you need to exercise regularly, take vitamins, sleep healthily and eat more foods and vegetables. Then I felt more confident but still I think it's better to get vaccinated

* This post was edited 04/30/21 09:40am by rommroma557 *

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/21 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rommroma557 wrote:

I'm already waiting for my vaccine. My family doesn't want to be vaccinated but I'm really worried about my health. Last year I was so scared that I rarely went to the store or just for a work. I was very afraid of getting sick and was looking for ways to improve my immunity. On Canada Drugs I read that you need to exercise regularly, take vitamins, sleep healthily and eat more foods and vegetables. Then I felt more confident but still I think it's better to get vaccinated

Take it from my brother's in-laws who are politically Covid deniers and held a super spreader family reunion.

Two of his wife's uncles died of Covid (the worst possible way to die) and my brother himself caught it and hospitalized which he described as the worst thing that happened to him.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.