cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heated bays

C20
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Monaco Dynasty, new to us motorhome. It's supposed to get down to 27 here Monday. Is there anything I need to do to keep the compartments warm? The aquahot is running.
Thanks all!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have heated bays or at least heated tanks.

Fill on-board fresh water at least half (I'd not fill it full)
Disconnect fresh hose and drain it so it's only got air inside.

If you have dumped then close dump vlaves. Disconnect hose at RV and "Walk" it (Lift the RV end then lift along the length of the hose) to drain it into the hole in the ground.. Re-connect to RV but DO NOT open valves.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

C20
Explorer
Explorer
So we made it through fine as far as the bays. But the cold water to the master toilet and sink froze. No damage after they thawed. In this motorhome they both slide. Wondering if anyone knows what I could do to prevent this in the future?
Thanks
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
Supposed to get down to 0 here tomorrow night. I am using a 1500K heater with a fan to move air in the bay. I am trusting that will be sufficient. I would not be concerned about 27 degrees since my bay usually stays about 5-7 degrees warmer than the outside temp.

Best to you Happy travels. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dennis, I used that trick on the Itasca we had before this one when we lived in it during a winter. This is new to us so still learning all the this and thats!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Consider joining the Monacoers. Good forum, good info. Also, you should have a basement heater that monitors those things and keeps them warm at night. The sensor should be below the Manabloc assembly. If you're still worried about keeping things warm a simple shop light with a 60watt bulb will do the trick. Seven bucks at Lowes....Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can Google 2015 Monaco Dynasty Manual and download one for free.

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Well neighbor, we will be close to being neighbors next week when we get to Tucson! Thanks for the response. No manual to look at so I have to rely on others help. Thank you
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Hi neighbor, 27ยฐ over night should not be a problem with no heat. The day time heat soak should help you through the night. With the Aqua Hot heating the wet bays, you are good to go.

Richard
Beautiful downtown Gladstone, MO

PS: Coming to you from Beautiful downtown Quartzsite, AZ 63ยฐ @ 8:30 PM Mountain time. GRIN
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson