cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My new desk area....

cannesdo
Explorer
Explorer
I have to say this is my favorite modification. I've been in my rig (2001 Alpenlite Stonecreek) 14 years and I can't believe it didn't occur to me to do this until now. I guess I've stopped traveling (in this rig) so it's given me the opportunity to bring in some heavier items. I could probably still travel with it by just lifting the table up which only has on leg and rests on the existing window shelf.

The initial changes began in Sedona about 8 years ago when I just could not take the drapey curtains one more second. I cut them off with a straight razor blade which was a huge improvement. I've learned an important lesson...lighting is everything. I can't believe I lived so many years without any light on that side of the room. I don't spend any time in my living room anymore. I spend the winter in my bedroom/office. It's such a bright, cheerful place now when it's dark and raining outside. The pictures really don't capture the tone of the light. I also added a strip of maple veneer which you can see in the close-up shot. I also painted the bedroom and bathroom white (there are so many shades of white...after much effort I did find the perfect match). I couldn't believe what a difference it made. It looks more like a house now than an RV. I'm tempted to do the living room now.

3 REPLIES 3

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll wait to get the new 5th wheel, but working at home in the TT has us a bit cramped right now.

cannesdo
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Excellent workmanship!

Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚ I gotta say it was pretty unnerving taking a new table right out of the box and cutting the legs off.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent workmanship!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad