Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Gray Water not empty, only 1 gate valve
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Gray Water not empty, only 1 gate valve

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Dusty Boots

six pac

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2007 six-pac D650 cabover, do you have any information regarding the 38 gal gray water tank, I have only one gate valve for the black water holding tank, the gray water tank does not have a separate gate valve and the g/w electronic indicator still registers full. Not sure if tank is empty after dumping? Do you have similar problem?

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't have a truck camper but I'll bet one valve serves both tanks. Can you hook up the dump hose, open the valve and then turn on the sink? Then either listen for water running in the hose. Or pick up the middle of the hose and see if the hose starts filling with water.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since there are no codes for TC construction - the builder can make any kind of design that is continent for him, not necessary for user.
The single valve operating 2 tanks is unheard about, but good idea is to get camper manual.
The holding tanks level sensors are always lousy as dirt can stick to them, but do you have access to see or tap the tank? That should give you some indication.

Dusty Boots

six pac

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the recommendation, information about the grey water waste is not in my owners manual or the single valve operation procedure. Just states 2 - 38 gal holding tanks. The electronic g/w tank indicator may be faulty but, the tank does not seem to have the 38 gal capacity as indicated. (floor drain in shower overflows)

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this manual covers your model year. It shows only one combined holding tank for black and grey

http://www.six-pac.com/Newer-Six-Pac-Owners-Manual.pdf

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Dusty Boots

six pac

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have access to the tank to sound, buried under the floor, Since Six-Pac is no longer in business I would appreciate input from anyone with a similar experience. Thank you

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dang a combined black and grey tank?? You should be able to confirm that next time the shower water overflows the drain.

Dusty Boots

six pac

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, this is the manual I have. Black water not overflowing into the shower drain when full. Must have a flapper valve in-between to separate the 2 tanks. When I get home I will flush and empty the Black water tank, open the cap and valve. Fresh water into sink should flow out w/o backing up???

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buzzcut1 wrote:

this manual covers your model year. It shows only one combined holding tank for black and grey

Dusty Boots wrote:

Yes, this is the manual I have. Black water not overflowing into the shower drain when full. Must have a flapper valve in-between to separate the 2 tanks. ,,,

There is conflict between the 2 replies.
So wchich is it?

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

Dang a combined black and grey tank?? You should be able to confirm that next time the shower water overflows the drain.
Yuck. Are they building them that cheaply now? I sure see a lot of newer "lite" rigs with weird stuff.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Gray Water not empty, only 1 gate valve
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.