Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best Company for Extended Service Plan (ESP)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Best Company for Extended Service Plan (ESP)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/21 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not spend any thing.
Your travel trailer is covered by manufacturers warranty for the first year.
However about the only thing Rockwood is actually covering is the box of the trailer. All components are covered by their manufacturer with Rockwood acting as an agent

Anything that goes wrong out of warranty, just pay out of pocket to a mobile tech
I know people are on here crying about perceived lack of quality, but in forty years owning three TT's,I have had an awning recalled(covered by Dometic) and a Carbon monoxide detecter go bad.
Look at it this way, if you are camping and a component goes bad, trip over,leave the trailer at a dealer for a month two, three, who knows. Call a local tech, he comes out that day maybe tomorrow, he replaces a 30 dollar igniter, with one he had on his truck, you pay him and your good.

Rockwood did nothing but design and assemble. All components from the tires to the roof vents are vendor items.
I have not spent 300 dollars in repairs since I have been doing this. Maintenance yes, not repairs.

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/21 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

haste maker wrote:

JimR 1 wrote:

I have the Good Sam Extended Service Plane fro a Motorhome and so far I am happy with it.

Read the information carefully for what is and is not covered and the required maintenance requirements.

JimR

Have you ever had to use it? If so was there any problems?...I maybe looking for one in the future..

Yes I have. For Generator, Refrigerator, Powered Main Awning, Water Heater, Portable Elect. Refrigerator or Cooler and Fan Clutch from what I remember.

JimR

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/21 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimR 1 wrote:

haste maker wrote:

JimR 1 wrote:

I have the Good Sam Extended Service Plane fro a Motorhome and so far I am happy with it.

Read the information carefully for what is and is not covered and the required maintenance requirements.

JimR

Have you ever had to use it? If so was there any problems?...I maybe looking for one in the future..

Yes I have. For Generator, Refrigerator, Powered Main Awning, Water Heater, Portable Elect. Refrigerator or Cooler and Fan Clutch from what I remember.

JimR

Dang you sure got hung with a lemon!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Best Company for Extended Service Plan (ESP)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.