cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fun with Doggie DNA test

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
So our old dog passed. He was 1/2 lab. 1/4 Border Collie and 1/4 mixed.

Got a new puppy off CL, supposed to be 3/4 lab, 1/4 Aussie

Not even close. He is

24% Staffy
11% Bulldog
12% Aussie Cattle dog
9% White swiss Sheppard
4% German Sheppard
17% Chow
7% Siberian Huskey
16% Lab

Man that's a lot of dogs in our little guy ( well at 6 months, not so little anymore)

Funny thing is, he looks pretty "labish" right down to fully webbed feet, with a bit of a Pitbull face. and lab Sheppard ears.

He is a good little guy, no sign of aggression and pretty darn smart. But I do worry a bit, about the Staffy part.

Am not sure the sellers were intentionally lying, apparently he is the son of two dogs that were neighbors, so I think they just took their best guess, and maybe stretched the truth a bit

Anyway, have not had puppy in many years, forgot how much work they are
5 REPLIES 5

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
When doing DNA testing don't forget that even "pure" breeds may have had other breeds mixed in over the course of breed development so it might not be unusual to have another breed in the mix. Or the little lady had a little side fun she didn't disclose LOL!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dturm
Pictures, we need pictures!!!

Sounds like a good dog, BTW don't worry about the Staff part. IMO most have a more stable temperament than MANY other breeds.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Love it! One of a kind. Yes, I found out at 71, after losing my 13.5 year old cocker and getting a 9 week old cocker... wow!

My vet told me the story of a man who had a full-blooded Rottie. Just for the heck of it they did the DNA... it came back 90% Rottie and 10% Poodle!

Enjoy your new baby... they don't stay babies for long.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Dog uses lots of makeup to disguise his heritage?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Calling him heinz?
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member