cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert Floe Water Drain Down System???

bowler1
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have one of these? I am thinking of getting one. Seems like it would be conventient and useful. Seems like a good idea, but I did read a couple of negative reviews stating that the quality was low and that it was really loud.

Anyone have one of these / have experience with one they would be willing to shrare?

thanks
matt
8 REPLIES 8

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingbob wrote:
I agree with Paw Paw , A solution for a problem that is more problem than the supposed problem !

X3 for me.

I am just a weekend camper so I admit I use my water system a lot and the water doesn't set in the lines much. But, I blow my lines once a year when I winterize. The rest of the time they are full, the fresh water tanks it full, and I am ready to go on a moments notice.

MT_BOB
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I am spoiled.My 91 S&S TC is "self draining",if sitting level.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with Paw Paw , A solution for a problem that is more problem than the supposed problem !

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
An expensive potentially error prone system, looking to fix a problem that does not really exists.

And I bet a cold beverage of your choice we will see this advertised as a 'necessary accessory' on RVs before next winter.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Just use any compressor(non-oiler) and one of these:
adapter
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like a extremely expensive $250 air compressor in a plastic box you can hand on the wall and permanently plumb in..

You do realize that you can go to Harbor Freight and buy one of these..

For $10 and plumb it in with a "Tee" and shut off valve, for safety can add in a pressure switch to turn it off at 40-50 PSI for $30

The Lippert system also seemed to have a lot of complaints that it as very loud..

You can buy at HF a very quiet 120V air compressor meant for airbrushing that is very quiet, has built in pressure switch also for automatic operation..

$89.. they used to sell just the compressor but now it includes air brush stuff, just discard or give away the air brush..

I am not sure why you find you need multiple people to go in out of your RV to winterize..

I must be doing something wrong as I am the only one winterizing my RV..

I have used a portable "pancake" air compressor and I just use the simple "blowout" plug available anywhere and adapted that to standard air quick connects.

I also can just layout some hose from my garage compressor..

Drop regulator pressure to under 50 PSI and open the first faucet in line and close when only air comes out and then to tub and bath sink and then final is toilet..

Then open the water line drains..

Process only requires one person (me) and less than 15 minutes of time..

bowler1
Explorer
Explorer
Well it is pricey but I found a good deal on one. I already have a compressor but found that it is a bit of a PIA with a single person to run in and out of the camper. Having a unit that you can turn on and that is totally integrated would be nice. Just turn on the unit and go faucet to faucet. Just not sure about the quality and how well it actually works.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seems a bit pricy to me... I used a portable air compressor that also came in handy for inflating tires and such (6 gallon pancake design 150 PSI) a regulator (50 psi) and an 8 buck (i think) or cheaper adapter plug. That compressor saved a few trips when I needed to air up a tire or two.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times