cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

..Looking for a new air compressor for the MH tires etc..

MrWizard
My 12v MV1050 Tsunami compressor would have been 10 years old in March, but today something broke, and it's making loud rattling noise, I was airing up a low tire, shut it down for a cool down (it sounded normal when it was running, no unusual sounds) when I restarted 20 minutes later, it was all noise, something in the piston mechanism gave out.and broke during the turn on
It had a good run and served me well,
Now I need a replacement,
( the motor is still good, I might find a use for it in the future )

I thinking on getting a 120vac version, the Sears wall hanger version No Longer available would have been a good choice, who has a good choice on sale.
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
18 REPLIES 18

MrWizard
As air compressors go, this Husky is really quiet, if you have use of a quiet Trim tool size air compressor I can recommend this one, for that low noise quality
Twin piston single stage compressor, at 27 pounds it Is a little heavier than I wanted, but comparable to other 1 gallon air compressors, the Ryobi cordless 1 gallon was only 14 pound's without the battery, but I was concerned that maybe the battery ( used with my Ryobi cordless Drill ) would not be at full charge at the moment I needed the compressor, and decided 120v corded was a better choice, since I could use shore, generator, or inverter power !
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
I was at home depot this evening
I looked closely at the Senco 1 gal 120v $159
The RYOBI 1 gal 18v one+, one plus battery system, $99, wt 14#
Husky 1 gal 120v 135psi $99 weight27#
I brought home the Husky, I cleared some storage space for it, and tomorrow I will test it
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
I switched to this model from Home Depot as its light, pretty quiet and smaller than what I had before.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a viair model 88P to carry in my truck. It's 120 psi and 20 amps. It has an 8' cord and 16' of hose. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just bought a rigid air compressor that uses the rigid batteries. Is it a perfect solution, no... but it has a 120 psi capability, and one battery charge increased tire pressure from 40 lbs to 60 lbs on all four trailer tires. Package is TINY, and I keep the battery charger plugged into truck's 120V system

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
If you have Dewalt battery operated tools and already have the batteries and charger, you might want to look at Dewalt's portable compressor-

Dewalt Inflator

It can run on its battery, the included 12 volt cord, or an optional 120 volt cord. I've used mine to inflate to 80 psi. It's not fast, but not terribly slow either, and with the battery, you don't have to drag out cords.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mr Wizard,

My 110 psi 1 gallon takes "forever" to get to 80 psi. I'd love to replace it with a 150 or a 135.

The darn thing won't break! GGRRRRRR
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MrWizard
the senco and the husky are both 135psi
I only need 80psi for my tires,
I don't have any air tools,
On occasion I have wanted an air impact wrench (recent purchase 120v electric impact wrench) or jack
Yeah an air driven hydraulic frame/bottle jack for lifting the chassis would be handy, But space is always at a premium, the reason I bought the Tsunami back when I was driving a 31ft gasser, before the DP that was before this 36ft Bounder Ford gasser
Reality is I don't need 6gal and 150psi capacity,
Sure it will inflate tires 3x faster, but that is not a must have factor, it would have been nice when I owned the DP with 22.5" tires, but I avoided DIY on those and the large heavy brake and driveline parts,
The current 10 lug 16" wheels and brakes on this F53, are strenuous enough for this skinny 122#, 72yr boomer,
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a vintage (2006) Crafstman 150PSI pancake (6gallon) 120 volt which I now have here in my apartment. Very useful device .
Though it takes more than one 6 gallon tank it could put my 22.5's up to 115 no problem.... Blow out air lines to winterize,, Spray paint,, Power the side cutter to cut a bent to .... and gone bracket so I could remove and replace. Hammer lug nuts off and on and more (Yes I have a few...er.. Accessories) The tankless jobs can only inflate tires and the like they don't do all the other stuff.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts search this Forum for `air compressor' then 12V or 120V.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I don't remember what make or how long I've had my 12v compressor, i've used a few times. What I like most is that you can set the pressure that you want it to shut off at.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
IME, if you need to pressurize to 80 psi, you need a compressor that is rated to go to 110 psi. For 110 psi tires, you really need a compressor rated to 150 psi, or you'll be at it all day. My old compressor was rated to 110 psi, but would only get my tires up to 100 psi, and it took a long time to get the last few psi.

I have a Porter Cable, not a pancake, 120 V rated at 150 psi. It does an excellent job inflating a tire to 110 psi if needed.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MrWizard
Thanks Patrick
When looking at the Senco , I found a husky 1 gal for $99, $60 less than the $159 Senco, physical size and output very close to the Senco, .1 CuFt more air flow at 90psi .8 verus .7 CFM, same job specs trim nailer, noise level 60db
Think I will go take a look at both of them
They are larger than my broken Tsunami, but I knew that would be the case, and I will just have to find the extra space in the storage compartments, move stuff around, trying to use one of those gas station air stations is an exercise in frustration

PatJ wrote:
I run the tiny Senco from Home Depot, it was the smallest 120v I could find at the time. I don't use it an awful lot but it has aired up several tires to 80psi for me over the past few years so I can't complain. It is quiet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Senco-1-Gal-1-2-HP-Portable-Pancake-Electric-Air-Compressor-PC1010N/2055...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Senco-1-Gal-1-2-HP-Portable-Pancake-Electric-Air-Compressor-PC1010N/205513089

Model PC1010N
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Fini AirBoss 120V compressor in my motorhome. I've been quite satisfied so far; it's sufficiently powerful to easily get tires to 80 psi in a reasonable time, and quite compact, and not nearly as loud as some small compressors (but nowhere near whisper quiet). It also was fairly affordable.

I've heard a fair few good things about the new(ish) little Harbor Freight Fortress ultra-quiet one gallon compressor, and it's also pretty compact. If I were shopping for an RV compressor right now, I'd give it a lot of consideration.