Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: ..Looking for a new air compressor for the MH tires etc..
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> ..Looking for a new air compressor for the MH tires etc..

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 12v MV1050 Tsunami compressor would have been 10 years old in March, but today something broke, and it's making loud rattling noise, I was airing up a low tire, shut it down for a cool down (it sounded normal when it was running, no unusual sounds) when I restarted 20 minutes later, it was all noise, something in the piston mechanism gave out.and broke during the turn on
It had a good run and served me well,
Now I need a replacement,
( the motor is still good, I might find a use for it in the future )

I thinking on getting a 120vac version, the Sears wall hanger version No Longer available would have been a good choice, who has a good choice on sale.

I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/21 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess it depends on how high psi you need. We have a Porter Cable pancake compressor that will handle up to 150 psi. We have a motorhome.

PatJ

Eastern WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I run the tiny Senco from Home Depot, it was the smallest 120v I could find at the time. I don't use it an awful lot but it has aired up several tires to 80psi for me over the past few years so I can't complain. It is quiet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Senco-1-Gal-........lectric-Air-Compressor-PC1010N/205513089

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Senco-1-Gal-1-2-HP-Portable-Pancake-Electric-Air-Compressor-PC1010N/205513089

Model PC1010N

Patrick

corvettekent

Marysville, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/21 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are a lot of 12 volt options for airing up a tire. Why use a 120 volt option that would require using the generator or inverter?

Have you looked at VIAIR?

2007.5 GMC Dually EC/LB, LMM. Banks IQ, Speed Brake, Six Gun. B&W Turnover Ball, Companion Hitch, Amp power steps. Hadley Air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT and four 6 volt batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 10:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The broken Tsunami is Viair cousin from the same Mfg, about the same price
I have used the inverter for the shop vac, the 12 amp skill saw, craftsman electric chainsaw ,MW, coffee maker etc..
No real reason not to use a 120v compressor,
And will cost less than a 12vDc model of the same capability,
That compressor was the only "Corded" 12vdc only tool I own

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 11:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a Fini AirBoss 120V compressor in my motorhome. I've been quite satisfied so far; it's sufficiently powerful to easily get tires to 80 psi in a reasonable time, and quite compact, and not nearly as loud as some small compressors (but nowhere near whisper quiet). It also was fairly affordable.

I've heard a fair few good things about the new(ish) little Harbor Freight Fortress ultra-quiet one gallon compressor, and it's also pretty compact. If I were shopping for an RV compressor right now, I'd give it a lot of consideration.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 11:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Patrick
When looking at the Senco , I found a husky 1 gal for $99, $60 less than the $159 Senco, physical size and output very close to the Senco, .1 CuFt more air flow at 90psi .8 verus .7 CFM, same job specs trim nailer, noise level 60db
Think I will go take a look at both of them
They are larger than my broken Tsunami, but I knew that would be the case, and I will just have to find the extra space in the storage compartments, move stuff around, trying to use one of those gas station air stations is an exercise in frustration

PatJ wrote:

I run the tiny Senco from Home Depot, it was the smallest 120v I could find at the time. I don't use it an awful lot but it has aired up several tires to 80psi for me over the past few years so I can't complain. It is quiet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Senco-1-Gal-........lectric-Air-Compressor-PC1010N/205513089

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Senco-1-Gal-1-2-HP-Portable-Pancake-Electric-Air-Compressor-PC1010N/205513089

Model PC1010N

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/21 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IME, if you need to pressurize to 80 psi, you need a compressor that is rated to go to 110 psi. For 110 psi tires, you really need a compressor rated to 150 psi, or you'll be at it all day. My old compressor was rated to 110 psi, but would only get my tires up to 100 psi, and it took a long time to get the last few psi.

I have a Porter Cable, not a pancake, 120 V rated at 150 psi. It does an excellent job inflating a tire to 110 psi if needed.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Dusty R

Charlotte Michigan 48813

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/21 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't remember what make or how long I've had my 12v compressor, i've used a few times. What I like most is that you can set the pressure that you want it to shut off at.

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/21 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For previous posts search this Forum for `air compressor' then 12V or 120V.

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> ..Looking for a new air compressor for the MH tires etc..
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.