Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 2014 Keystone Alpine Hydraulic Jacks 6 Jack System
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 2014 Keystone Alpine Hydraulic Jacks 6 Jack System

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Ronaldlee

Concord, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/21 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Need advise. We just sold our motorhome and bought this Alpine so we are completely lost on some of its components. My front jacks are leaking down and I am trying to figure out why. Shows no leaks and the tank shows 1/2 full. Should I add fluid or could there be another issue causing this. Thanks for any advise.

topjimmy

Washington Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/21 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure all your valves are shut tight in your front storage on the right mine when I first bought it had a couple that were not closed all the way just a thought

2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/21 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ronaldlee wrote:

Need advise. We just sold our motorhome and bought this Alpine so we are completely lost on some of its components. My front jacks are leaking down and I am trying to figure out why. Shows no leaks and the tank shows 1/2 full. Should I add fluid or could there be another issue causing this. Thanks for any advise.

DO NOT just add fluid on the basis the tank is low... the trailer MUST be hooked to the trailer( if front jacks are hydraulic ), all slides must be IN and all hydraulic jacks must be raised...

At that point you can check the level, because all the residual fluid will be back in the reservoir.. If you look with the slides out and jacks down it will look low as the lines and cylinders are all full of fluid that was in the reservoir.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Ronaldlee

Concord, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/21 01:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the information. Upon further review I went underneath and the underbelly is sagging a bit which looks to me as if there is a hydraulic leak at the end of the living room slide which is hydraulic. Do not know if this is something I can fix or not. Do any of you have any advise as to how I should go about this. Thanks again for any input.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/21 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your underbelly should probably be plastic panels that are just screwed in. Take a couple of panels off and see what you see. Post a couple of pics and we can go from there.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

rhochnadel

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/21 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2013 Alpine had some of same problems. I found a leak in one of the hoses (had to drop the coroplast on the front by the battery compartment) had a couple new hoses made up by a hydraulic repair place and I had one of the hydraulic jack cylinders rebuilt by the same repair facility. No more settling and no more hydraulic fluid leakage. Check the hydraulic hoses where they travel down behind the batteries.

'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance"">

alboy

Kelowna B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have a slide cyclinder leak it should be separate from the legs as each system has a separate solenoid .TWo things,leaking fitting on the hose,it takes very little,or the seals in the leg are bypassing internally.I have a 2014 Landmark ,had same issue.Loctite 5452 thread sealant fixed mine,easy fix.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 2014 Keystone Alpine Hydraulic Jacks 6 Jack System
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.