cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinette Booth - Replace free standing chairs

nhshep
Explorer
Explorer
Our old travel trailer had a dinette. We both loved it. Our new 5th wheel has table and 4 chairs which we do not like. Looking to leave the table but replace the chairs with a RecPro dinette booth. Plenty of size choice & color/storage/cushion type. Their price range from $300 to $1,500.

Other than measuring for placement/fit it should be a straight forward installation. Or am I missing something?
2018 Prime Time Crusader 29RS
6 REPLIES 6

nhshep
Explorer
Explorer
All good points of view & tips.
In no rush to buy. Camping season in the north east is months away. Will research some options.

Thank you!

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
We also prefer the dinette. The storage if nothing else is huge and the independent chairs aren't any more comfortable.

You might see if there is an RV junk yard around. The dinettes are pretty standard and simple to install. An RV that got insurance "totaled" may have a perfectly good one you can buy much cheaper.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Post on some classifieds here and there and you can probably find someone to trade with you. Most people want to go the other way.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's just different strokes for different folks. Our first RV had a booth. I would never go back once I had a table and chair setup. After awhile with that setup we ever removed the table and chair setup and installed a bar style dining table with 2 chairs looking out the window. Just bought our 3rd coach and one of the reasons was because it had a similar bar setup. No one else might like that but that's OK as we are not anyone else!
You just have to do what you like and what works for you. It's only about keeping you guys happy and comfortable. I really didn't do any modifications to my coach to make someone else happy!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

nhshep
Explorer
Explorer
Rare we have company, just the two of us. I enjoyed sitting cross legged in our old travel trailer booth seat. I also felt we had more room. The chairs feel too upright/straight back/formal. The current table had 4 chairs which felt cramped for the size of the table so we removed 2 chairs. Even then it did not feel right. We spent 10 + years used to our old travel trailer with dinette, soft padded cushions at the dinner table, relaxing, especially if playing games at the table on rainy days.

We have formal wooden straight back chairs around our home table. Must be something about camping. LOL.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting how the world works. We would not like to trade in our four chairs for two booths. Chairs are more comfortable and can be rotated as much as is desirable for whatever purpose.
We even took out one of the chairs to make room for a case of our favorite beverage and some other necessary stuff.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)