Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Rec Pro RV furniture
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rec Pro RV furniture

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
shadows4

Kansas City, Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/21 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just curious if anyone has bought any of Rec Pro's RV furniture? We are considering purchasing either 2 recliners or a loveseat. Don't think we want the power option. What happens if the power goes out? Anyway thought I would ask here. A little bit apprehensive about buying something without trying them. Thanks all.

2003 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,7.3L diesel, 214,000 miles
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

MrRetired821

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/21 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

About a year ago we ordered the double wall hugger with console from REC PRO. Was easy to bring into 5th wheel and assemble. So far it's holding up well. The only issue I have is the cup holders are two small in diameter for my favorite coffee cup. Also the chrome looking finish on top of the cup holder is peeling off. They are not the biggest of recliners but are ok for me at 6'. Good luck.

Smokey&Bobbye

shadows4

Kansas City, Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/21 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrRetired821 wrote:

About a year ago we ordered the double wall hugger with console from REC PRO. Was easy to bring into 5th wheel and assemble. So far it's holding up well. The only issue I have is the cup holders are two small in diameter for my favorite coffee cup. Also the chrome looking finish on top of the cup holder is peeling off. They are not the biggest of recliners but are ok for me at 6'. Good luck.

Thanks Smokey. That is what we have been looking at. Are the cup holders large enough to hold a soda can in a cooler insulator? Also did you get cloth or leather? We are leaning toward the Mahogany leather.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/21 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought the RecPro dual recliner/theater seating and the sleeper sofa. Cloth not leather. Didn't want to deal with potential of leather peeling.

Yes, the cup holders are large enough for a soda can, with cooler insulator (I think). yes, the chrome on top of the holder does peel off.

Agreed not the biggest of recliners, but it's okay for me at 6ft 3. Also, the sleeper sofa came with an upgraded mattress. My granddaughters friend slept on it and said it was very comfortable.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

MrRetired821

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/21 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shadows4 wrote:

MrRetired821 wrote:

Thanks Smokey. That is what we have been looking at. Are the cup holders large enough to hold a soda can in a cooler insulator? Also did you get cloth or leather? We are leaning toward the Mahogany leather.

We got the faux leather in the Mahogany color. No complaints about it yet. We are in the 5th wheel about 4-5 months out of year so it does get used. Yes the cup holder will hold a soda can or ML with a coozie. Ours have no power also.

* This post was edited 02/19/21 08:40am by MrRetired821 *

linnemj

Eastern Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/21 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a non powered loveseat with 2 reclining seating. It is a cloth upholstery and still looks good after 2 years of use. The recliners work in a fairly tight space. We didn’t have the space for a middle section with cup holders. We are pleased with the purchase and they were easy to install.

Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

pconroy328

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 10:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

also bought RecPro this summer. we like them very much

Learjet

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/16/21 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

don't get the "leather" my Recpro theater seater pealed in less that 3 years. When I emailed them...they said all the fake leather stuff will peal flake in 3 years. Get the cloth!

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2015 Wildcat 317RL, MoRryde rubber pin box, Titan Disc Brakes, Trojan T105
B&W Ram Companion

Yamaha EF2600c tri-fuel generator
Champion Model 46595- 3000/3500w

shadows4

Kansas City, Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/21 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the replies. However, we have friends who are upgrading their rocker recliners in their 5th wheel and have graciously offered their recliners at no charge!!! Woohoo!!! Hasn't actually happened yet so we shall see. If not the RecPro dual recliners are in our future.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/21 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds good. Only thing to be aware of, if the recliners you are getting for free are the leather ones, you'll be back looking at Rec Pro or other solutions in a couple years max.

Mike

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Rec Pro RV furniture
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.