cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Info on Casita trailers or Lance 1475

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Moving from a truck camper to a small TT. Still have the truck and we boondock in Az, every winter from NY. Any info good or bad would be nice... thanks
13 REPLIES 13

tibbitts
Explorer
Explorer
Harleybullet wrote:
Tibbitts

I really did not know that there were different model numbers, 1475 and 1475s (I assume with the small slide) I like the swivel seats beter then the sofa in the slide but, I will try to see both in Conn. next week in person.

That is why it hard to judge a Casita... you have to go to Tx. which is a haul from NY

Dave

For me I'm not sure just seeing one would help, unless I could rule out the Casita based on bathroom space or something. I would have to live with the Casita or a similar-height trailer for a while to see how I adapted to the height. I went into a stick trailer with same height as the Casita at an RV show and wow, that was annoying. Would I get used to it after a few days or weeks? Maybe. Without those four inches (really just two inches) being an issue, and assuming the bathroom worked to some extent, I would vastly prefer the Casita.
2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 x-cab V8 5.3L

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Tibbitts

I really did not know that there were different model numbers, 1475 and 1475s (I assume with the small slide) I like the swivel seats beter then the sofa in the slide but, I will try to see both in Conn. next week in person.

That is why it hard to judge a Casita... you have to go to Tx. which is a haul from NY

Dave

tibbitts
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own either model but have been in a 1475. I think everyone is assuming 1475 not 1475s so you might want to clarify that as the s is completely different.

For me the biggest consideration would be the much shorter and narrower dimensions and better aerodynamics of the Casita (which I'd like) vs. the extra 4 inches of interior height in the Lance (which I'd also like.)
2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 x-cab V8 5.3L

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Harleybullet wrote:
I was hoping that someone on this forum had a Casita that I could just step in and see if we could fit...Long Island NY, Conn, or NJ would be great.

Thinking positive.... Dave & Lila

Try fiberglassrv.com They have an active Casita forum that can answer any question you want.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Lots of Youtube videos from Casita owners. A good one to check is Rusty78609. He recently sold his but loved it and did many videos on the quality, fit and finish.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
I was hoping that someone on this forum had a Casita that I could just step in and see if we could fit...Long Island NY, Conn, or NJ would be great.

Thinking positive.... Dave & Lila

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
If you call Casita in Texas, they most likely maintain a list of Casita owners who are willing to show their trailers, and they could put you in touch. Same thing with Scamp in MN and ETI (Escape) in BC, Canada.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Vermilya

\Cannot get into the Casita forum (tried everything) The fellow in Patchogue would be great only 3 miles from me. Could you send him my email and explain I just want to see the inside of one before I order???
Userw7574@aol.com

Thanks again I would have asked you but I see you have an Escape.

David

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Please private message me if you have the info of the Casita in Patchogue that is only a few miles from me.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
There are a number of NY owners of Casitas. Check on the two Casita forums, The Casita Club and the more active Casita Travel Trailer Forum.

There are many other small fiberglass trailers, including Scamps (made in Backus, MN), Oliver made in Hohenwald, TN, and Escape Trailer Industries in Chilliwack, BC (which makes a 17', 19', 21' and a 21' 5th wheel as well as an upcoming 23' with dry bath.

I also boondocks in Arizona most winters, first in an Escape 17B, ad currently in an Escape 21C.

The closest to you Casita owner I know is not too far from you in Patchogue, NY.

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer the quality of fiberglass construction yet would go with the Lance simply because of the dry bath. I also find the comfort of a good chair to be worthwhile over sitting at a booth during long rain storms.

I had a fiberglass trailer (Bigfoot) and the resale prices are incredible. I believe some of the factory direct manufacturers can hook you up with a local owner to discuss or view their trailer. You may also want to look at Escape trailers.

Harleybullet
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick comeback... my problem is in NY no one has a Casita to take a look at and Tx is a long ride to see if it fits the bill. The Lance is in Conn. at a dealer I just would like that fiberglass no leak Casita !

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
For what it is worth, my son just got a new Lance truck camper, and I am very impressed with the quality of the workmanship. No gaps in anything, anywhere -- it looks like it was built as if it were a fine piece of furniture.

On the other hand, one of my cousins (who is a brilliant auto engineer and very particular about quality control) just picked up a new Casita at the factory. And he is delighted with the trailer.

So you can't go wrong!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."