Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Ordered Host cascade today
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Ordered Host cascade today

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Bandit400

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/21 06:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39, Look forward to some pictures and post install reviews. I called KELDERMAN on Thursday about that same setup and was quoted about same price with install. Do they have to take your flatbed off to do the install?

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They did take my bed off. They showed me how it was put on and they are making some improvements.

They also loaned me a car for all the time I am here. Great people!!

2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bandit400

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

They did take my bed off. They showed me how it was put on and they are making some improvements.

They also loaned me a car for all the time I am here. Great people!!

Rare to find a company these days that are customer focused like that. Bet your getting excited. Can’t wait to hear the post install review.

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/21 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bandit400 wrote:

Rare to find a company these days that are customer focused like that. Bet your getting excited. Can’t wait to hear the post install review.

They are customer focused pretty well, but he is dropping a lot of money there, so maybe they should. I’m not saying it’s too much, but 13K is a lot.

I had a couple of Customer Service issues resolved today. One was for a bolt that loosened and fell out of my Land Pride Grader Scraper. I wouldn’t call it a cusomter service issue except two bolts tha were next to each other both were loose. The local dealer where I bought my tractor gave me two bolts that matched my others because they were from the shop area. Note: the standard replacement bolts are black instead of Zince Chromate which is gold in color. In the second case, a PA Kubota dealer sent me the wrong parts. Once I let them know, they mailed me the correct parts with no request to send them the wrong parts back. Not thousands … in my case maybe 35 bucks for both cases. Still, I’m happy that they resolved the issues.

In any case, I’m always glad to see good Customer Service.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After driving home 750 miles with the camper on. Couple things. truck rides extremely well and handles awesome. They put a new sway bar on that is twice as thick or more than the old one. After getting home and unloading . I have driven the truck a bunch and it rides about like a normal 1/2 ton unloaded. I really like the set up. It was expensive(13.3K) but worth it. I can raise and lower the truck any way I want. I love it.
But the best part is the ride is WWWAAYYYYY better!!

n0arp

FT

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the Kelderman system on my last truck and if it weren't so **** expensive might put it on the new one...

That being said, I never tried hauling a truck camper with that system and am a little concerned about the stability of it with a heavy camper. Glad to hear it does well and would love to hear more feedback on it vs the spring suspension...

2019 Ram 3500 HO/AISIN CCLB DRW Longhorn
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T (follow or TC toad)
2015 Keystone Alpine 3730FB 2925W/22.8kWh, 30K multi-split
2016 Arctic Fox 1140 WB 1800W/11.4kWh

Reality Check

North Bend

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 12:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

n0arp wrote:

I had the Kelderman system on my last truck and if it weren't so **** expensive might put it on the new one...

That being said, I never tried hauling a truck camper with that system and am a little concerned about the stability of it with a heavy camper. Glad to hear it does well and would love to hear more feedback on it vs the spring suspension...

We're running a Link (as opposed to the Kelderman). Just a different version of a Crescent wrench... there is no comparison. Better, smoother, more stable and adjustable. Whether empty or loaded, or loaded and then more loaded. 2nd system, wouldn't go back.

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

toddb

az

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had issues with my kelderman, they built the brackets for the front end of the 4 link wrong, wouldn’t sit flush on the bottoms of the frame. They made news ones no problem, shipped missing hardware no problem but it did set me back 2 weeks. My wife will ride in the truck now unloaded, not sure if that’s a good thing….??

capacitor

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep them loaded for a quieter trip!

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

capacitor wrote:

Keep them loaded for a quieter trip!

Keep what loaded?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Ordered Host cascade today
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.