Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fulltime 5er to MH - Help?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Fulltime 5er to MH - Help?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/21 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TheTripp,

Looks like you're getting lots of good feedback. As I said, when we started looking, the folks on this forum were very helpful. It's nice to see that hasn't changed.

Ivylog,

That floorplan you posted is an example of a bathroom layout I would recommend against with much more than 2 people in the rig. When someone is in the shower, isn't the front of the rig separated from the back? If the fam is getting ready to go out to dinner or some such after a day out, those closed doors form a bottle neck and other people can't freely pass from front to back to get dressed or whatever. My recommendation is for a bathroom in which the sink, shower & john are all on one side. A definite PLUS IF the john is located so when you're sitting on it, you face the rear of the rig. Why? So IF someone was on it while travelling down the road and hard braking was required, you're pushed back against the wall. I guess you could install seatbelts on the john! LOL That was one of those things we didn't think about when we were purchasing, but it was a nice bonus. We told the kids that everyone sits to pee when rolling down the road. Ok...enough potty talk! LOL

Ah man, as much as I like our rig and a "new" one isn't in our immediate future,
I made the mistake of doing a bit of searching on RVTrader.com and doing a bit of day-dreaming. Hmmmm...if only I could retire THIS year! LOL

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (24-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (19), 2 boys (20 & 17).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/21 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do not disagree with the above bottle neck observation although we do not close the sliding hallway doors unless it’s cold and we are only heating the back. The shower enclosure is large enough, with frosted glass, you could change inside it without closing the sliding doors. Not ideal but it could be done as it’s easy enough to dry off before getting out.

A lot of trade offs, especially with 6 and like I said at the beginning, cocktails for 6, dinner for 4, and sleeps 2 in a large DP.
[image]

* This post was edited 02/24/21 07:31pm by Ivylog *

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Fulltime 5er to MH - Help?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.