Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chevrolet exits all ICE production by 2035
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevrolet exits all ICE production by 2035

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next
rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

patperry2766 wrote:

Chevy exits ICE engines

Hopefully the other manufacturers won't follow suit.

This doesn't mean that RV's and heavy duty tow vehicles will be electric, this is only for light-duty vehicles:

Quote:

this marks the first time the largest Detroit automaker has set a hard target for completely phasing out gas and diesel engines for all light-duty vehicles, including pickups and SUVs.

As for your other comment:

Quote:

Being from Texas and starting to thaw out from our latest freeze of the century, I don't see how our current power grid can support all the new EV planned for in the future, but I don't recall anything ever being addressed on this subject.

The problems in Texas had nothing to do with grid capacity. But if this is something that worries you, talk to your elected representatives and make sure they are engineering the grid for reliability and increased demand.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

I can't think of a more appropriate use for an electric vehicle than mail delivery.
x2

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 02:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem with looking into the future and whether a vehicles power plant will be electric or something else by 2035, is we are all assuming things will be like we anticipate them being. Has anyone's life gone exactly as you imagined it would? There's always twists, turns and abandoned hopes and dreams that get replaced by other hopes and dreams. Government administrations come and go, new technology happens at an unbelievable pace. All electric vehicles by 2035 might be abandoned for some new thing that's right around the corner. There could be another pandemic 100X worse than this one and half the worlds population could be wiped out for all we know. A lot can happen to society and planet Earth before 2035 gets here.

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Has anyone's life gone exactly as you imagined it would?
No, but it's gone somewhat as I imagined it. That doesn't mean people don't plan.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Meh. That is 14 years away. In the last 10 years EV's have gone from having 120 kilometers of range to having 650 Kilometers of range. Average charge stop times have dropped from hours to 20 minutes. In 14 years they will have changed a lot more.

In 2035 no one is going to want a clunky, gutless, noisy, stinky, high maintenance gasser car or light truck. Anybody still making them will be catering to an ever smaller market.

If power companies can't make and provide power at competitive prices people will just put up their own solar systems and make their own. I'm willing to bet those who have recently suffered a major outage are already looking into it.

JMHO

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

If power companies can't make and provide power at competitive prices people will just put up their own solar systems and make their own.JMHO

If I did that here in the Northeast, I would be without power 8 months of the year. Today and part of yesterday was the first time I've seen the sun in weeks!

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Reisender wrote:

If power companies can't make and provide power at competitive prices people will just put up their own solar systems and make their own.JMHO

If I did that here in the Northeast, I would be without power 8 months of the year. Today and part of yesterday was the first time I've seen the sun in weeks!

Sure. But there are lots of places in the world where it works fine. Either way, if power companies get stupid about it they will lose LOTS of customers. Kinda hard to make your own gasoline. Pretty easy to make your own power.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildtoad wrote:

I wonder how earthmovers, or other very large construction machines will be adapted to work on battery, how many hours will the operate and just as important how long will it take to recharge them, especially out in the middle of Nebraska. EVs are the future for personal transportation, but the need for ICE’s is here for a long time.

Electric construction equipment is being developed as we speak
Electric Construction equipment

[image]

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

EV's are not the issue
Fuel not consumed by ICE being utilized for electric generation is not the issue

TRANSMISSION of energy IS the MAIN Issue

That and NIMBY

Cant transmit power when youre not conected ! Lookin at you Texas

https://www.scientificamerican.com/artic........o-connect-with-the-nations-power-grids1/

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, this thread's "deja vu all over again".

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevrolet exits all ICE production by 2035
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.