Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Chevrolet exits all ICE production by 2035
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevrolet exits all ICE production by 2035

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next
RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Green hydrogen will replace a lot of oil and gas applications.

The largest green hydrogen plant in North America announced producing 45 tons/day.

https://tech2.org/plug-power-to-build-no........en-production-plant-in-western-new-york/

Here is a giant mining truck powered by hydrogen:
https://im-mining.com/2020/09/17/anglo-a........g-truck-back-track-h1-2021-first-motion/

Hydrogen can certainly power a pickup pulling a trailer.

Europe will replace all diesel semi-trucks with batteries and hydrogen by 2040, just 19 years from now:

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/........o-Stop-Diesel-Vehicle-Sales-By-2040.html

Hydrogen is much more common around the world. Few companies in the US.
Plug Power, Chevron, 3M, GM, Baker Hughes out of 109+ companies.https://hydrogencouncil.com/en/newmemberannouncement2021-1/

200+ hydrogen projects worth $300 billion+ worldwide:
https://hydrogencouncil.com/en/hydrogen-........re-than-300-billion-in-project-pipeline/

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Wow, this thread's "deja vu all over again".

I think it will be a reoccurring theme as more people begin to recognize EV's are for real.
Elon Musk/Tesla have been real game changers, so much so that Ford, GM, and VW realize they need to evolve sooner than later.

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RambleOnNW wrote:

Green hydrogen will replace a lot of oil and gas applications.

The largest green hydrogen plant in North America announced producing 45 tons/day.

https://tech2.org/plug-power-to-build-no........en-production-plant-in-western-new-york/

Here is a giant mining truck powered by hydrogen:
https://im-mining.com/2020/09/17/anglo-a........g-truck-back-track-h1-2021-first-motion/

Hydrogen can certainly power a pickup pulling a trailer.

Europe will replace all diesel semi-trucks with batteries and hydrogen by 2040, just 19 years from now:

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/........o-Stop-Diesel-Vehicle-Sales-By-2040.html

Hydrogen is much more common around the world. Few companies in the US.
Plug Power, Chevron, 3M, GM, Baker Hughes out of 109+ companies.https://hydrogencouncil.com/en/newmemberannouncement2021-1/

200+ hydrogen projects worth $300 billion+ worldwide:
https://hydrogencouncil.com/en/hydrogen-........re-than-300-billion-in-project-pipeline/

Hydrogen fuel cells are definitely the future for HD trucks.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got 3 Christmas cards 1.5 months after the postmark date; I doubt EV postal vehicles will make delivery’s slower. Pony Express would have been faster.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

We got 3 Christmas cards 1.5 months after the postmark date; I doubt EV postal vehicles will make delivery’s slower. Pony Express would have been faster.

Well there's no De Joy in that. [emoticon]
I think the new Admin will make the necessary changes to bring the USPS back to normal.

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

BCSnob wrote:

Well there's no De Joy in that. [emoticon]
I think the new Admin will make the necessary changes to bring the USPS back to normal.

Tell me about it. Mailed my property tax check on a Saturday before pickup time and needed to be postmarked by Monday. Was postmarked on Tuesday, cost me the 3% full payment discount plus penalty.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have couple of questions for everybody whining and crying about how the US will never accept E vehicles, solar/wind power, never work for us, we can't change, or if we do change not that fast yada, yada yada.
First, do you remember before it was discovered Freon was destroying the atmosphere? The world is ending! No R12! How can we drive with no AC?! But when we could not get R12, we fixed the AC instead of adding a can. I bet a higher % of cars on the road now have working AC.
Now the major deal; Man or countries, when faced with change, there are 2 choices. Lead or follow but get out of the way. If the rest of the world makes the change what happens to US? Will the rest decide the US has nothing to export but pollution and hate, and refuse to trade with us?

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

I have couple of questions for everybody whining and crying about how the US will never accept E vehicles, solar/wind power, never work for us, we can't change, or if we do change not that fast yada, yada yada.
First, do you remember before it was discovered Freon was destroying the atmosphere? The world is ending! No R12! How can we drive with no AC?! But when we could not get R12, we fixed the AC instead of adding a can. I bet a higher % of cars on the road now have working AC.
Now the major deal; Man or countries, when faced with change, there are 2 choices. Lead or follow but get out of the way. If the rest of the world makes the change what happens to US? Will the rest decide the US has nothing to export but pollution and hate, and refuse to trade with us?

I hear ya. I think there will be challenges ahead for the US on this. I'm not an American but I read constantly on the forums here and various news sources that the US pretty much has a third world grid and very little chance of ever improving it because of some kind of geo-political struggle. I would think though at some point many that are able to will just toss in the towel on connecting to the grid and make their own power. That in itself would probably kind of solve the problem as the utilities can stay with the third world grid approach and many will just become self sufficient with solar and wind. It would probably work.

No idea really. Just conjecture.

RoyJ

Vancouver, BC

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

wildtoad wrote:

I wonder how earthmovers, or other very large construction machines will be adapted to work on battery, how many hours will the operate and just as important how long will it take to recharge them, especially out in the middle of Nebraska. EVs are the future for personal transportation, but the need for ICE’s is here for a long time.

Electric construction equipment is being developed as we speak
Electric Construction equipment

[image]

Heavy mining excavators have had electric powered models for a few years now. Big difference - they are corded, with 3 phase primary voltage feed.

I think this Cat will fill a niche market, where there's a load of idling (trenching, etc.). In a production environment of loading dump trucks, the engine runs nearly 100% duty cycle.

At 122 kW and 300 kWh, we're talking maybe 3 hours before recharging.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 08:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyJ wrote:

Lantley wrote:

wildtoad wrote:

I wonder how earthmovers, or other very large construction machines will be adapted to work on battery, how many hours will the operate and just as important how long will it take to recharge them, especially out in the middle of Nebraska. EVs are the future for personal transportation, but the need for ICE’s is here for a long time.

Electric construction equipment is being developed as we speak
Electric Construction equipment

[image]

Heavy mining excavators have had electric powered models for a few years now. Big difference - they are corded, with 3 phase primary voltage feed.

I think this Cat will fill a niche market, where there's a load of idling (trenching, etc.). In a production environment of loading dump trucks, the engine runs nearly 100% duty cycle.

At 122 kW and 300 kWh, we're talking maybe 3 hours before recharging.

By no means am I claiming they have it all figured out as we speak.
On the other hand a lot of thinking and development can happen in 14 years.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 17  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevrolet exits all ICE production by 2035
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.