Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
11 REPLIES 11

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:

This is the open road. Millions of people travel these roads every year. I work here. I carry a badge. Bumdabumbum BumdabumbumBUM!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
RobWNY wrote:
Notice how they're saying with the wrong payload stickers, "Loading to those values may exceed the gross vehicle weight rating or gross axle weight rating, which may result in suspension overload and increased stopping distance, increasing the risk of a crash." but they aren't saying anything could break which says to me these trucks and their components can handle a lot more weight than what they say but it's just not safe because of increased stopping distances which could cause a crash. Interesting.

I've had up to 11,000 lbs on the pin of my F350 SRW and nothing broke. I can't even imagine worrying over a couple thousand lbs or so over payload.

Oh come on, you've seen all the hand wringing around here about how loading up one too many bags of potato chips for the family camping trip could mean certain death. It's not hard to imagine someone being concerned about being over by a literal ton.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
RobWNY wrote:
Notice how they're saying with the wrong payload stickers, "Loading to those values may exceed the gross vehicle weight rating or gross axle weight rating, which may result in suspension overload and increased stopping distance, increasing the risk of a crash." but they aren't saying anything could break which says to me these trucks and their components can handle a lot more weight than what they say but it's just not safe because of increased stopping distances which could cause a crash. Interesting.

I've had up to 11,000 lbs on the pin of my F350 SRW and nothing broke. I can't even imagine worrying over a couple thousand lbs or so over payload.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
snip...

but they aren't saying anything could break which says to me these trucks and their components can handle a lot more weight than what they say but it's just not safe because of increased stopping distances which could cause a crash. Interesting.

That has always been the situation...

Ratings are not just for breakage from going over (though things will sooner when over the limits), but also performance degradation, which has DOT mandated minimum performance metrics that all OEM's have to meet and pass during certification testing.
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
kellem wrote:
Yep, my F250 falls into the proposed windshield recall but haven't seen an issue with it.

Don't think I'd worry about it, unless air leak/wind noise issue, or other obvious. I'd not want the boys doing the detail jobs, at the local Ford dealer, removing/reinstalling the windshield of a new truck.

A trusted actual body repair shop, being a better choice!

Jerry

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lynnmor wrote:
Weight Police alerted, Sticker SWAT Team deployed!

ROFLMAO!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sticker failure????

OMG, what will all of our sticker members do now (wringing hands)??

Maybe the same thing as pre stickers!! Just use some common sense, and axle/tire ratings.

Jerry

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Weight Police alerted, Sticker SWAT Team deployed!

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, my F250 falls into the proposed windshield recall but haven't seen an issue with it.