Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Harbor Freight - what happened to the 20% off coupons
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Harbor Freight - what happened to the 20% off coupons

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess if you prefer buying junk it matters but I prefer to buy quality once.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

okhmbldr

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I remember when J.C. Penney's always had coupons and special sales, BOGO, etc. Then a new CEO decided to do away with coupons, and you can see how that helped them. Near bankruptcy. I really think Harbor-Freight is going in the same direction. They are rebranding a lot of tools, and painted them in exciting colors, but they're the same tools; just cost more and you think you're getting a premium tool. I'll miss them!

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Direct buying via eBay and Amazon carved the heart out of Harbor Freight. When it started in the early eighties it was known as HARBOR FREIGHT SALVAGE. Garbage ¼ and ? socket sets cost $3 and were worth half that. Today a purchase means standing in line for ½ hour to pay if you can find a parking spot.

Their major counterpower is their garbage is returnable. Buy through eBay and extended delivery time items from the far east are chew & spit. I accidentally tried tools from Auto Zone and the quality was very noticeably better. I put on my reading glasses and read TAIWAN

Simple INDIA hand tools are of tolerable quality. Korean made electrical gizmos are also tolerable. But I am fussier than hell about my electrical tools. GERMANY. Canada OLSA has a brand new forged bench vise that is magnitudes stronger than the old benchmark WILTON. About time.

I need to get the kids a HF 2cycle 800 watt generator. But which Spark plug brand replaces the OEM no start?

okhmbldr

oklahoma city

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Funny thing...my morning email had a Harbor Freight ad; guess what it said?
10% off everything, no exceptions, and if you're an Inside Track Member ($30 yearly fee) you get 20% off, no exceptions. Good today thru Monday.
I guess they read my post from last night and decided to send me a coupon!

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got the same 10% message as a text. Good time to buy a larger tool. I havnt been following prices to know if many items normal price went up to prepare for the 10% discount.

jjrbus

FT Myers FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HF, they are what they are. I have many HF one time tools laying around and will miss the % off sales.

At the VA hospital I seen construction workers using HF tools and was very surprised. I asked and the guy just happened to be the contractor. He said I buy them by the case, someone walks off with one or drops it off a ladder I just go get another one out of the case, no great loss. Makes sense to me.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/21 12:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never bought **** tools and I was a Commercial Construction Superintendent. Far better to buy quality.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/21 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At least without the free coupons you will not have to wait in line at the door with 30 geezers before the store opens, who are there to get a free $0.15 flashlight that doesn't work lol.

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

At least without the free coupons you will not have to wait in line at the door with 30 geezers before the store opens, who are there to get a free $0.15 flashlight that doesn't work lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA So True!!!!!

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 05:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Maybe, but how would you know that happens? [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Harbor Freight - what happened to the 20% off coupons
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.