cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overnight

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Heading south to Tampa and looking for somewhere to overnight for 8-10 hours. Exiting I-95 toward Callahan then going down 301. Pretty congested around the I-10 area, last time parked on the shoulder, but would like something near there or a little before, Walmart maybe?
10 REPLIES 10

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Trying not to get in a RV park just for a few hours sleep but thanks to all.

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
KOA Starke. inexpensive and well worth it to get off the road.
2010 Suncruiser

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Heading south to Tampa and looking for somewhere to overnight for 8-10 hours. Exiting I-95 toward Callahan then going down 301. Pretty congested around the I-10 area, last time parked on the shoulder, but would like something near there or a little before, Walmart maybe?

https://freecampsites.net/#!Callahan,+Florida~Inglis,+Florida~Tampa,+Florida&query=routeSearch&route...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks and keep them coming--noise is ok, I just remove hearing aids LOL.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
St Marys, GA is just a couple of miles from the Florida line on I-95. The Walmart there appears to be ok and reportedly quiet, but a call to verify access wouldn't hurt.

Saint Marys Walmart Supercenter
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

dhull
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at the Starke walmart in Florida 2 years ago.
One of the worst. Very noisy. There's nowhere to no get out of the traffic flow off to the side at. Lots of hopped up cars all nite long. It was good enough tho

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
magnusfide wrote:
Call the Starke Walmart first to see if you can still overnight there. We're seeing a lot of Walmarts that now have "no overnighting" signs. Must be an insurance issue.

More likely the local jurisdiction often prompted by local RV parks.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
LadyRVer wrote:
Wal Mart in Starke on US301

RV Parky says It is OK on last report.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call the Starke Walmart first to see if you can still overnight there. We're seeing a lot of Walmarts that now have "no overnighting" signs. Must be an insurance issue.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Wal Mart in Starke on US301