cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visible Wireless Feedback

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
I just started using the service and so far so good...

I would like to hear from others about how they are finding the service to work?
What equipment are you using in your RV with the Visible?
What kind of coverage are you getting?
What devices are you running with Visible?
How are you finding the Visible to work with Streaming?
Any other details you would like to pass on?

Only looking for feedback from current users please. Chuck
31 REPLIES 31

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
Switched to Visible just over 3 months ago from ATT (had been on ATT since 1993 with bag phone)...

4 of us joined about same time so $25/month from after first month. Got the $20 promo so first month was only $20, then after a couple months got the $100 Mastercard. So Moto G Power phone that cost $180 wasn't so bad.

Works pretty well.. calls over WiFi are not very good from our house, we often turn off wifi on phone to get better call quality. I've used it as hotspot and streamed movies okay.

Our cell reception is -108db so not that great... I try and do speed tests when we're out and about to see how it is other places.. hoping we get decent coverage camping this summer, but no worries if we don't.

I would rate it a good value.

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Would a Visible SIM work in a Verizon 5510L MIFI and if so, would the Verizon 7730L be a better option? We have Galaxy s7 phones for personal use.

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Would a Visible SIM work in a Verizon 5510L MIFI and if so, would the Verizon 7730L be a better option? We have Galaxy s7 phones for personal use.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
BroncosFan wrote:
It has nothing to do with this thread so here is more info for you JC, Have a great weekend.

https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-mobile-sim-swap-
fraud.html

Good article, thanks! - Might have "something to do with this thread" to/for anyone with a cell phone - as per the article!

Clickable link:

https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-mobile-sim-swap-fraud.html

Maybe the following is -would be- beneficial to *ALL* cell phone users! (Sticky is closed)

However: (how it's done, etc.)
Never used the phone for anything other than a back-up hotspopt. Didn't do anything other than make sure it worked.

I don't "do" social media - Facebook, Twitter, etc. Nothing ever done that would include personal info. I don't do online banking - even with my "normal" WiFi connections. Note that the phone was able to *receive* calls - which would only go to voice mail.

When I called Chat/tech (my 2nd post)....the "issue" I described:
"Phone hacked or cloned?"

She said (as in the article) - the only way it could be done was if "Benjamin" knew the SIM code number.

Seems he would *still* know the SIM card number!?
(Or - could it be changed remotely by Visible Tech - w/o a replacement card?)

After discussing (and resolving? the issue) I asked if I should change my PW. She said no.

Bottom line (finally) then and now - only plan was/is to use it as a back-up hotspot. Other than checking to see if it worked - back in the box it went. Probably made "Benjamin" happy.

And....if it *IS* fraudulent - Visible/Verizon has all of the perp's info: Name address, etc.

Maybe the men in black will pay Ben a visit, LOL.

:C

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
It has nothing to do with this thread so here is more info for you JC, Have a great weekend.

https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-mobile-sim-swap-fraud.html

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Adding to my previous post - more Visible "gremlins".....

Soooo I happened to be "cruising" through settings, etc.
I happen to see two texts from DoorDash (food delivery) to someone named "Benjamin". They were very current.

Who is Benjamin? - Why was I receiving texts *TO* Benjamin?
Well, I guessed DoorDash copied Benjamin's number incorrectly.....
but, I recalled when I first got the phone - seeing some "exchanges" between callers (both "to" and "from").

Didn't pay a lot of attention as I was just using it as a back-up hot spot. Spent most of it's life in the box it arrived in.

Thought I would do a Reverse Phone number search on *MY* Visible phone number. Surprise: It indicated a Benjamin (last name not included here), with his address and (one) land line - which was in a location close to where I reside.

Went on Visible Chat - and explained same. The tech said it was very odd - asked me to stay on hold for about 5 minutes. Guess she was also doing a reverse number search, and/or???

Solution - how about changing your Visible number? Yeah - sounds good to me (I already had that in mind).

I did ask how she thought another person could have (and apparently use) MY cell number? She didn't have an answer for that, said he would have to know the SIM number.

BTW - The phone was never out of my possession - in fact never left my house (only wife and self there).

VERY strange!! - Guess Visible users should watch for *unusual* "irregularities".

:h...:R...:W

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Visible "observations".

The positive:
I joined to use the service as a "backup" hotspot. Didn't really need (another) cell phone - so I opted for the "bargain" phone offering, a Visible R2 at about $20. (May have been $19.95).

As a hotspot it worked fine. The monthly fee immediately dropped to
$25. per month. I had started a group - never checked it again.
No clue who - or how many - are in that group. Been $25 per month for about a year now.

Now the negative:
Gee Whiz - I've got this phone, might as well use it (as needed) as a *phone*!! NOT GOOD - BAD plan !!

No matter what I did to accomplish that...the blankety-blank R2 would not indicate any way to *answer* calls !! No green phone icon, etc.
Could call out OK, but incoming calls would go to voice mail.
Tried everything I could think of - with lots (and LOTS) of time wasted. Then spent about an hour and a half with tech support.
More time wasted.

Still no luck....ready to throw the R2 against the wall. No big deal, I'm only out twenty bucks - and the cost of a replacement.
(It was long past it's warranty period)

But - just for the heck of it - I stopped by the local Verizon store.
Told the sales guy the problem.....nice guy, he set out to solve "Mission Impossible"!

Ha ha!! - I was sort of happy *he* could not accomplish - what should be an easy task. But he was persistent, even though (as I told the chat/tech) it's OK to give up!! (It was really getting "old" - wanted to thank him and be gone!)

After about a half hour he went into the back room for about ten minutes. When he came out he had done it. WOW! - Didn't ask how, didn't really care! Told him I would buy him a 6-pack of his favorite beer, but he declined.

So....even though there are "good" reviews of the cheapie R2 phone on YouTube - I recommend some other choice !! (*ANY* other choice if you want to use the service for anything other than a hotspot).

BTW - recently have seen Visible ads on TV.

:R..:)..:M = take your pick!

~

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
I gave up checking on my party pay of 4 people and people dropping out. Joined a random 1600 member group below and won't have to mess with it or reddit again. You just need one approve, I can do it, then once approved you can (on your own) approve your own family members. Hope this helps and Take care.
https://www.visible.com/p/bestphoneplans

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
It was a random choice after looking over some of the offers on the site linked by Dutch_12078 on the previous page. I chose one that had 33 present members. It is now at 35.

Interests really have nothing to do with it as you have no contact or interaction with the other members of the group. You can post questions or talk with another member on the site that you joins' webpage though.

I think I can send you a link if you wish.
Barney
edit: Check your PMs. I sent you a link.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Barney, which group did you join? Anything related to any interests, or was it basically just a random choice?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
1492 wrote:
For those who started their own Visible Party Play group, how is the group managed?

The only management needed is to approve a persons request to join. After that everybody is on their own with their own account, billing, etc. All joining means is that you get a reduced rate until it gets to $25 and then it stays there. The advantage to a lot of members is that if one or two leave, then you don't lose your discount for the rest of the members.
I think computers handle everything because when I joined a new group yesterday or the day before, my billing rate dropped and was immediately reflected in my online statement.
Barney
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a phone on Visible that I only use as a hotspot, and everyone pays their own bill, and has their own minutes. You can check the status of your group on their website.

I use one of these to connect more than one device.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

For those who started their own Visible Party Play group, how is the group managed?

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just joined another group that presently has 33 members and was accepted immediately. I had to leave my own group before I could join another. My own is now done.
Barney
Not towing now.